Jam Jars

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Jam Jars

Post by Hi5 »

The way people are selling off stocks in the stock market, it sure makes me wonder what they plan to do with the cash. Are they going to wash out old jam jars, fill them with cash, and then bury it all in the back yard?

For crying out loud, the factories aren't going to disappear. The farms will still be there. This isn't an earthquake smashing the entire infrastructure.

The fatality rate can reasonably be predicted to be low. For the vast majority of the population, the problem is how to avoid everyone getting very sick at the same time. If that happens, the health system will be overwhelmed. That's the MAIN reason for a higher level of concern. It is good enough reason for deep concern, but not blind panic.

We need to keep our perspective..
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Carnivorous

Re: Jam Jars

Post by Carnivorous »

The medical experts are saying we will all get infected at some point unless you and your family live in complete solitude.

The vast majority of us will not even know we have it because our symptoms will be mild. In fact if you had a cold or cough from January to now you may already be immune.

I will not let it get me down. But I will not visit those that have compromised immune systems like my parents or my wife's parents.

I don't want to be the guy that made someone sick and heaven forbid they would die from it.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Carnivorous wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:26 pm
The medical experts are saying we will all get infected at some point unless you and your family live in complete solitude.

The vast majority of us will not even know we have it because our symptoms will be mild. In fact if you had a cold or cough from January to now you may already be immune.

I will not let it get me down. But I will not visit those that have compromised immune systems like my parents or my wife's parents.

I don't want to be the guy that made someone sick and heaven forbid they would die from it.
My parents 87 and 84 have severe health issues, they are now on lockdown.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

My office remains in operation, but the outer door is locked. Entry is by appointment only.

I will do my best to protect my clients from me, and me from them. We make no physical contact and maintain a 6 foot distance. As much as possible, I want to keep normal routines and practices, with necessary adjustment for health protocols.

My wife has offered to help with babysitting for neighbours on either side of our house. They are working parents, and schools have closed. My wife has volunteered to grocery shop for elderly friends.

This is a time for deliberate efforts at kindness for each other--not for panic.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

I was already on Shut Down due to the blood clot in my brain.
Yesterday got the notice: Isolate - You Are At High Risk.
Damn.
Told to expect to be off work for a "minimum of four months".
Double Damn.

A few supplies on Friday to top us up (including a shipment of ammo thanks).

Meeting with the Bank in early April to discuss mortgage deferral.

Hunkering down... ( :shock:
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
janesy

Post by janesy »

IronNoggin wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:01 pm
I was already on Shut Down due to the blood clot in my brain.
Yesterday got the notice: Isolate - You Are At High Risk.
Damn.
Told to expect to be off work for a "minimum of four months".
Double Damn.

A few supplies on Friday to top us up (including a shipment of ammo thanks).

Meeting with the Bank in early April to discuss mortgage deferral.

Hunkering down... ( :shock:
Nog
Hang in there Matt, those brain clots have a mind of their own. Call it in at the slightest symptom that something isn't right. :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Nog

Stay isolated.

I wish we were closer. I'd offer to pick up your groceries for you and your wife. I hope you have other friends who can do this for you, whenever needed. Take care of yourself.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Thanks fellas, Appreciated.
Don't worry about me. I am a damn tough Old Bugger, and will get through this mess.

Look after your Families my Friends!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Hang in there matt
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Hang Tough!!!
Thoughts and prayers from Texas Matt!!
Be safe!
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Just proved to myself that there is actually no-one monitoring / answering the EI hotline.

Was on HOLD since 8:35 am. Ran well past closing time now, and still getting the Please stay on the line and our first available agent will answer...

Like when? September?

Really?? :evil:

Ticked - Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Attempt Number NINETY-TWO today, and IN. :roll:

"All of our agents are currently busy. Please stay on the line and your call will be answered by our next available agent"...

Anyone want to hazard a bet here?
Pretty much the same routine as yesterday, just took longer to get there...

So...

Who thinks I will end up with a Two-Legs to discuss this with today?

Conversely, who thinks they will lock the doors at 4:30pm again, and leave me dangling on "Hold" forever after...? :thumbdown:

I know what I think...
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

IronNoggin wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:16 pm
Attempt Number NINETY-TWO today, and IN. :roll:
AND...

Terminated without warning from their end at 2 hours 48 minutes.
No surprise.

Back on the Trying To Even Get In Merry-Go-Round... Again :thumbdown:

Nog
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Peachy!

I'm going on EI for the first time in my life and I have been paying in to EI for 36 years now. I can't wait to get the run around!!!! :(
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Call number 472 today got through... sort of.
So, on hold... once again.

Did get through yesterday afternoon to the same worm hole.
Kept me "on hold" for 2.5 hours after their doors shut for the day - an experiment as I was waiting for my Lady to get home.

Pretty sure it will go the same way today.
Verifying my perception there is actually no-one on the other end to actually answer your call.

MP Monday. Phone has tracked this all week. Near 2,000 call attempts, nearly 70 worm hole verification events, and 26 hours (and counting ) on hold over all.

UN-Fricking-Believeable! :thumbdown:
Nog