O/T Getting through it all

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

O/T Getting through it all

Post by xcaliber »

With all of the virus & economic crisis stuff flooding the internet, and all media, it's really starting to take a toll on many of our friends & family members. Life as we knew it not long ago is going to be very different for a while. Hopefully the little things will start getting better pretty soon, but the big things won't. I think all of us have lived through a few crisis' to date, and will hopefully never see another. I know my kids are on edge, but I'm trying to keep a level head, and make plans for the next week, month, and year. I'm taking most precautions, but still going out for a ride in the truck, taking stuff to family & friends, and just throwing it out the window doing a drive by, you know, social distancing. Everyone gets on me to stay in, do this, don't do that, etc. So I try! I did something I have not done in a long time this weekend though, and it made me think for a long while. We're all caught up in this & that, and it almost seems like we're doing more sometimes than we normally do?? I have organized this, and that, cleaned this & that, cooked this & that, but I got a bug in my tailpipe to call people I have not spoken to in a while, just to say high. A friend of mine called, and my attitude changed for a while. Felt good! :thumbup: We ordered groceries online for the first time a few days ago, and since have sent a few drop orders to friends. My wife used to teach school up until two years ago, and she still loves learning new things, and teaching them too, it''s been sorta fun as well. We got our mail yesterday, and someone, or several someones put a bunch of masks in our mailbox for my daughter, she's a nurse. There are a bunch of little things to do that make a big difference, even if just for a moment.

We will all hopefully see each other on the back end of this, please take it seriously, and be safe. God Bless you all!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
papa bear1

Re: O/T Getting through it all

Post by papa bear1 »

Very well put Dan, :eusa-pray:

Dave :clap:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

Thanks Dan! I hope for the same thing for you!
Often I think it's a matter of expectations. We have grown to expect immediate gratification to what we want. Access to people, activites, places and things was granted at our whim until just recently. But just like dogs, we get whiney when we don't get our kibble on time! Like you said Dan, life is going to be different for a while so no big deal really. But atleast this isn't happening to us in a small village in Afganistan.
Happiness is all about managing our expectations. All I ever really want in this part of my life is to get stuff done on the farm and hang out with my closest friends, my wife and my dogs!
With the exception of maybe one or two people with self inflicting mental injuries, it certainly sounds like we are all doing well.
BTW, I bumped into 14 N95 masks and ran them to my Dr who will bring them to her hospital. If everyone would do the same with PPE, it will be safer for us all.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Very good move Don, the hospitals are telling staff to reuse their PPE, and that alone freaks the staff out. They are used to tossing stuff out from patient, to patient. When we get to the other side of this, many changes will come about. I think right now we all just have to be vigilant, and do all that we can do.

Stay safe friends!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Dan reached out to me....and it was nice to hear from him!

....let us not forget our Excalibur family who are struggling through this time with compromised immune systems (like those battling cancer) and other physical battles....some may have not even have disclosed it to the forum..

.....many may be battling serious financial issues as a result being laid off with many bills to pay and an inability to pay them....

.....some maybe battling both.....

.....yes, this is a Brave New World for all of us...at the end of all of this our world will never be the same....

.....my only hope is that it will forge a new generation of people that care a little more for each other....willing to do what is right....even at their own expense...similar to the great depression....if that happens then there truly was a Blessing in all of this hardship!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

My wife and I spent the day at the Lake yesterday. First time she's been out since her last surgery... Packed a lunch, some Dr. Pepper and a few bottles of water. :thumbup:
The Channel Cats were biting pretty steady all day. She had an absolutely wonderful time,( the important part of this), and it did me good to see her happy for a change. :wink:
There were a few boats on the water, but not as many as I was expecting. Social distancing, I assume??? :think:
With that being said... :lol:

We, as a species are a resilient bunch! We are a confident, proud, determined group of sapiens. Seldom taking "no" for an answer. Whether we are Canadian or American, it matters not. We are all brothers and sisters in a fight to overcome this latest "enemy". It has indeed cast a new light upon things that are truly dear to each one of us, causing us to pause and render "thanks".
No longer do we take things for granted, and as Boo so eloquently stated, "instant gratification" is pretty much over. It seems to me the younger generations who are hooked on "social media" are being driven crazy by "confinement and social distancing". They can't all gather like a flock of seagulls at the dock, waiting on the newest, hippest place to open their doors so they can "flock in" and selfie themselves into oblivion!! :wtf:
I hope and pray that ALL of you remain safe!
Common sense and some simple safety practices/habits will go a long way to curbing this pandemic.
Spend time with your loved ones. Whether two-legged or four!! :lol:
I pray your hearts be made new again. :angel:

May GOD Bless you ALL and keep you safe and free from harm.. Stay strong!
Lean not on your own understanding! Trust GOD!!

Andy
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:54 am
Very good move Don, the hospitals are telling staff to reuse their PPE, and that alone freaks the staff out. They are used to tossing stuff out from patient, to patient. When we get to the other side of this, many changes will come about. I think right now we all just have to be vigilant, and do all that we can do.

Stay safe friends!
Hey Dan...
My youngest is a RN at Baylor Medical in Dallas. Talked to her via "Face Time" Saturday. They were told to re-use their PPE for at least 2 days, BEFORE getting new issued!!
That's insane!! :crazy:
Keep Praying!!

Andy
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:04 am
xcaliber wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:54 am

Stay safe friends!
Hey Dan...
My youngest is a RN at Baylor Medical in Dallas. Talked to her via "Face Time" Saturday. They were told to re-use their PPE for at least 2 days, BEFORE getting new issued!!
That's insane!! :crazy:
Keep Praying!!

Andy

.....I saw a funny video of an Italian older man showing how a baby's diaper could be used as PPE...it was meant to be funny, but think about it...with the diaper going across your mouth and nose (absorbent part) the side flaps of the diapers; one sticks to your nose and the other under your chin....and the two end flaps stick to each side of the face :shock: :eusa-doh:

.....think about it...if they're good enough for a baby's butt....they're good enough for a PPE :eusa-clap:

.....Leave it to the Italians to solve complex problems! :eusa-pray: :eusa-pray: :eusa-think: :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I'll have lots of time to reflect now. I just got word that our layoff will last until the better part of May! This will definitely put a strain on our savings! The good news is that it's getting nice out and I have a wack load of projects lined up. When this is done my house will be immaculate!!! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Boo wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:41 am
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
BTW, I bumped into 14 N95 masks and ran them to my Dr who will bring them to her hospital. If everyone would do the same with PPE, it will be safer for us all.
It is heart warming that kind and generous individuals are taking such steps. The problem is that what is needed is mobilized national action.

Sending Personal Protective Equipment to China was questionable at the time. Still, it's hard to sit on the sidelines, knowing how fellow humans are suffering and refusing aid. However, we knew (or should have known) that there is no "sidelines". We are all in this together. If we were going to render aid, we concurrently should have begun an emergency re-supply of our own emergency equipment.

With the industrial capacity of Canada ALONE, we have the capacity to supply the entire North American continent-- Canada, USA, and Mexico. That is, IF there were an emergency mobilization. That hasn't happened. That would require leadership.

This last weekend I listened to a Press Briefing with one of our Federal Ministers. I don't recall his name or portfolio. A journalist reminded him of how in WWII, the Canadian Government mobilized industry. Manufacturers were assured that whatever was produced in response to the request for help would be purchased. That Minister was then asked if similar assurances were currently given to the industries that could be now making needed equipment. The Minister dodged the question, and dodged it again when it was repeated. Somehow, I suspect industries won't retool and acquire supplies of raw materials that would be useless to them if the product is not all sold. Or, if they do, it would be sold at prices that reflect the risk that they will be stuck with the oversupply.

With the lead time we have had, late December, or early January at least, it is utterly UNFORGIVEABLE now to be in short supply FOR OUR OWN NEEDS
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Hi5 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:35 pm
Boo wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:41 am
It is heart warming that kind and generous individuals are taking such steps. The problem is that what is needed is mobilized national action.

Sending Personal Protective Equipment to China was questionable at the time. Still, it's hard to sit on the sidelines, knowing how fellow humans are suffering and refusing aid. However, we knew (or should have known) that there is no "sidelines". We are all in this together. If we were going to render aid, we concurrently should have begun an emergency re-supply of our own emergency equipment.

With the industrial capacity of Canada ALONE, we have the capacity to supply the entire North American continent-- Canada, USA, and Mexico. That is, IF there were an emergency mobilization. That hasn't happened. That would require leadership.

This last weekend I listened to a Press Briefing with one of our Federal Ministers. I don't recall his name or portfolio. A journalist reminded him of how in WWII, the Canadian Government mobilized industry. Manufacturers were assured that whatever was produced in response to the request for help would be purchased. That Minister was then asked if similar assurances were currently given to the industries that could be now making needed equipment. The Minister dodged the question, and dodged it again when it was repeated. Somehow, I suspect industries won't retool and acquire supplies of raw materials that would be useless to them if the product is not all sold. Or, if they do, it would be sold at prices that reflect the risk that they will be stuck with the oversupply.

With the lead time we have had, late December, or early January at least, it is utterly UNFORGIVEABLE now to be in short supply FOR OUR OWN NEEDS
This is exactly what happened last time. SARS in the early 2000's caused many companies to go out of business after governments committed to mass mass quantities only to have the contracts cancelled when the virus all but disappeared.

Not surprisingly there are now only a handful of manufacturers making masks, and it's not just that easy to retool for a regulated item, especially one with only a 5 year shelf life. It's not like a scrub, where any seamstress or clothing manufacturer can very easily bang them out. Masks and rated PPE require a manufacturer to not only make, but to test AND PASS the tests to certify them for official use.

It's laughable to consider that the public is upset that the government's lack of stockpiling masks. But does the public know that those stockpiles would have had to been turned over 3 times since the SARS outbreak? And would the public be so forgiving to PAY for those 20 million masks to go in the garbage 3 times before Covid19 came around. IMAGINE the outcry if the government gave you and outdated mask.

Most if not all of the suppliers alotted ALL available masks to hospital use only way back in January. Since January I have received approximately 40 single masks for retail purposes dispite ordering them weekly.
If you find a mask today in a retail situation, it's most likely purchased through an outside vendor and is very highly likely to be counterfeit, not rated or both. Not to mention the price of these knock off's are outrageous. Out of principle I refuse to retail a non rated mask.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Good to hear from you Dan! Made my day!
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yeah, it was nice talking with you guys! I should do that more often instead of waiting for a global pandemic. :lol: :lol:
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:01 pm
Yeah, it was nice talking with you guys! I should do that more often instead of waiting for a global pandemic. :lol: :lol:
Does that mean you got caught with your pants down ?? :lol: :lol: :shock:

Dave :eusa-popcorn:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

:shock: :lol: :lol: