COVID-19 — restrictions and closures that could impact fishing and hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I'm watching this very closely. Spring Turkey and Bear season is just around the corner. So far it's still a go! :)

BREAKING NEWS — SATURDAY, APRIL 11, 2020
Crown land camping prohibited effective immediately
The Government of Ontario has announced the prohibition of Crown land camping. Here are the details:

Despite any Act or regulation that provides otherwise, recreational camping on public lands is prohibited for the duration of the declared emergency and includes occupying any public lands within the meaning of the Public Lands Act, including:

public lands covered by water or ice or both
for the purposes of outdoor recreational accommodation and includes occupying on the public lands any equipment used for the purpose of outdoor recreational accommodation such as a tent, trailer, tent trailer, recreational vehicle, camper-back and any watercraft equipped for overnight accommodation.
Permitted activities:
walking through or using public lands for other permitted purposes
camping for the purposes of exercising an Aboriginal or treaty right as recognized and affirmed by section 35 of the Constitution Act, 1982
prohibiting temporary outdoor accommodations that are ancillary to or necessary for the operation of an essential business listed in Schedule 2 of 0. Reg. 82/20 (Order Under Subsection 7.0.2 (4)- Closure of Places of Non-Essential Businesses);
affecting any written authorization given under the Public Lands Act to occupy public lands.
Ontario Regulation made under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act

Order under Subsection 7.0.2 (4) of the Act – Closure of Public Lands for Recreational Camping

https://files.ontario.ca/solgen-oic-crown-land-camping.pdf

We hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy in these unprecedented and challenging times. We also know that many of you have questions related to the impact this situation may have on your spring outdoors pursuits. With all of the rumours and speculation, the OFAH is pushing for answers from the government.

At this point, the MNRF has not made any decisions to restrict, delay or cancel provincial fishing and hunting seasons or restrict access to Crown land.

However, some municipalities and Conservation Authorities have already restricted access to their lands, and many retailers that usually offer fishing and hunting licences are no longer open to the public.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Stepnoutnb

Re: COVID-19 — restrictions and closures that could impact fishing and hunting

Post by Stepnoutnb »

River and brook fishing in New Brunswick delayed from April 15 opener. Will be reassessed April 30. I’m worried about our May 1st opener for lakes. I’m really getting antsy to get out and peacefully trolling around and social distancing. I will take BooBoo the Labrador with me.
Wayne
Here BooBoo is showing some intense prey drive on that potato chip lol.

Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I agree they want me to social distance . Let me sit out in the woods away from other humans . Now I do want the turkeys to ignore the social distance rule though . Punishable by an angry swarm of # 4`s , 5`s and 7`s . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Doe Master wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:43 am
I agree they want me to social distance . Let me sit out in the woods away from other humans . Now I do want the turkeys to ignore the social distance rule though . Punishable by an angry swarm of # 4`s , 5`s and 7`s . :)
Do you reload this mixture? Or are they store bought (just went way back in time with the store bought) lol
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

The dogs are making out great with the virus they are getting lots of attention for sure.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:18 am
Doe Master wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:43 am
Do you reload this mixture? Or are they store bought (just went way back in time with the store bought) lol
Yes they do but check your local laws if you are able to use them?

Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

My mistake 5,6,7 .
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/Federal-3rd-Degree-Turkey-Shotshells#close
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Oh yes Hevi-shot. I use the steel and Hevi-shot mixture for hunting geese.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Message to U.S. Citizens in Canada: Domestic Travel Restrictions within Canada
April 15, 2020
Event: COVID-19 Updates and Summary of Domestic Travel Restrictions within Canada 

Information:  

In addition to restrictions on non-essential travel between the United States and Canada, a number of provinces and territories have put in place specific restrictions for travel across their borders, including for domestic travelers.  The information and links below provide information about recent restrictions.  This information is accurate as of April 15, please check the links for information prior to any planned travel. 

Canada (nation-wide measures): As of April 15, “travelers returning to Canada during the COVID-19 pandemic must have a credible quarantine plan before they enter the country.” The order strengthens the Quarantine Act and gives authorities expanded abilities to screen travelers’ quarantine plan. If the plan is deemed inadequate, travelers may be denied entry or be required to quarantine in a hotel.

Alberta:No current interprovincial domestic travel restrictions. 

British Columbia:No current interprovincial domestic travel restrictions. 

Manitoba:No current interprovincial domestic travel restrictions, but the Manitoba government has established highway checkpoints to help inform travelers about the public health measures in place to slow the spread of COVID-19.  Public health officials recommend “anyone who returns from international or domestic travel should self-isolate and self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days following their return.” 

New Brunswick:“New Brunswick implemented restrictions for all travelers who are arriving from outside the province. This includes interprovincial/territorial and international travel. At this time exemptions are being made for certain individuals, but this is subject to change.” 

Newfoundland and Labrador: “Travelers arriving to Newfoundland and Labrador from outside the province are required to self-isolate for 14 days, including those arriving from other provinces and territories in Canada.” 

Nova Scotia:Only visitors providing essential services will be admitted to Nova Scotia. All workers, including temporary foreign workers, admitted into the province must self-isolate for 14 days.

Ontario:  No current interprovincial domestic travel restrictions. 

Prince Edward Island: Anyone coming into Prince Edward Island must self-isolate for 14 days following all out of province travel, including within Canada and the United States.” 

Quebec:”Service de police de la Ville de Gatineau (SPVG) officers are being deployed to strategic entry points to restrict travel to only essential purposes.” 

Saskatchewan: No current interprovincial domestic travel restrictions. 

Northwest Territories:  Travelers must “self-isolate and complete the approved self-isolation plan” for 14 days after arriving in the NWT. 

Nunavut: “Only Nunavut residents and critical workers will be allowed into the territory. Residents will have to provide proof of residency to be allowed to fly into Nunavut.  Prior to boarding a plane into the territory, residents will undergo a mandatory 14-day isolation period in either Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton or Yellowknife.” 

Yukon:  “All visitors to the territory are required to self-isolate for 14 days. This includes anyone returning home from other provinces and territories by road or air, as well as Yukoners returning home by road from Alaska.” 
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

Doe Master wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:53 pm
My mistake 5,6,7 .
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/Federal-3rd-Degree-Turkey-Shotshells#close
Kevin,are you buying the shells from the US? Do they ship across the border?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Sorry no Don I was just trying to show the type of shells and until you brought it up I never looked at Canada or us website . :)