No fishing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grouse

No fishing

Post by grouse »

Spring is the time when I like to go to a couple of spillways near my northeast Missouri farm and cast crappie jigs and small crankbaits from the bank. When the weather warmed for a couple of days last week I drove up to try my luck. When conditions were right, I have caught crappie, walleye, sauger, white bass and black bass from one spot. The fishing can be quite good below these dams, so I really look forward to it every year.

When I arrived at the first location, I was greeted by roadblocks, yellow tape and signs saying closed due to covid-19. I knew it would be a waste of time, but I drove the 12 or so miles to the other dam. Same story there. Big disappointment but there is nothing I can do. These spillways are both in very rural areas and have plenty of room for people to spread out but I understand why they are closed.

Maybe this means there will be more and bigger fish this fall (if they re-open) or in future springs. Welcome to the new world.
axiom
350 SE
Carnivorous

Re: No fishing

Post by Carnivorous »

I hear ya! The ramps are closed here and it's prime walleye time!

:thumbdown:
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

I'm guessing it's a state to state limitations.

Michigan bans /fishing from or using motorboats but rowing and kayaking is ok. Go figure!

Here in Az. Most lakes and streams are open but they closed all campgrounds, mainly for overnight camping.

The trip I missed to the Colorado river , was a good time for those who went. No overcrowding campers but still 12 people in camp is too many for me. Enough fish caught , mostly cats, to enjoy annual fishfry.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Carnivorous wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:42 pm
I hear ya! The ramps are closed here and it's prime walleye time!

:thumbdown:
I can fix that. :wink:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

grouse wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:44 pm
Spring is the time when I like to go to a couple of spillways near my northeast Missouri farm and cast crappie jigs and small crankbaits from the bank. When the weather warmed for a couple of days last week I drove up to try my luck. When conditions were right, I have caught crappie, walleye, sauger, white bass and black bass from one spot. The fishing can be quite good below these dams, so I really look forward to it every year.

When I arrived at the first location, I was greeted by roadblocks, yellow tape and signs saying closed due to covid-19. I knew it would be a waste of time, but I drove the 12 or so miles to the other dam. Same story there. Big disappointment but there is nothing I can do. These spillways are both in very rural areas and have plenty of room for people to spread out but I understand why they are closed.

Maybe this means there will be more and bigger fish this fall (if they re-open) or in future springs. Welcome to the new world.
I'm wanting to go to Shell Osage wildlife area, but I will call M.D.C. before I go, crappie fishing is always good there for me in april ,
Good mushroom hunting also, nothing better than a mess of crappie and mushrooms

Dave :P
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
grouse

Post by grouse »

papa bear1 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:15 pm
grouse wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:44 pm

I'm wanting to go to Shell Osage wildlife area, but I will call M.D.C. before I go, crappie fishing is always good there for me in april ,
Good mushroom hunting also, nothing better than a mess of crappie and mushrooms

Dave :P
I've never been to Shell Osage but I have fished Truman Lake a few times. Sounds like fun, I hope it's open and you have good luck.
axiom
350 SE