Scope recommendation for Axe

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MJNader

Scope recommendation for Axe

Post by MJNader »

Hello guys,

I recently purchased an Excalibur micro Axe, it came with the dead zone scope which I've been having trouble with (the tourrets are hard to turn and make no clicking sound sometimes, it's almost like they drag and feel kind of mushy and it's been hard to zero) so I saw another post taking about a redfield revenge scope, I saw it on ebay for 59 bucks,will this scope be a good replacement for the deadzone or should I send the deadzone back to get looked at before buying the redfield.

Also is there any other scope you guys might recommend?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the noob question
xcaliber

Re: Scope recommendation for Axe

Post by xcaliber »

Gee, for the Axe, maybe Nikon P3. With mine, and 406 grain total weight arrows, darn close to perfect to 40 yards. Glass is great for the price, but only 3X magnification. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

P3 is a good scope . I love mine
I still favor the crossbones.....the best you can get if you can get one. Why did those dumb a$$'a cancel that one ...l know they wanted to sell millions and it wasn't gonna happen so we will take our ball n bat n go home if your not gonna buy them ! Ohh the machine to make them is bought and paid for sir.... nooo just discontinue them it's the right thing to do..
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

longbow joe wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:11 am
P3 is a good scope . I love mine
I still favor the crossbones.....the best you can get if you can get one. Why did those dumb a$$'a cancel that one ...l know they wanted to sell millions and it wasn't gonna happen so we will take our ball n bat n go home if your not gonna buy them ! Ohh the machine to make them is bought and paid for sir.... nooo just discontinue them it's the right thing to do..
Yep Crossbones is a great scope if you can find one! :)

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I like the little Nikon scopes as well, but the Redfield you mentioned is a good scope at a steal of a price. It is bigger and I suspect heavier than the Nikon, but a nice scope. My fave hunting scope is a Leupold 1-4x 20 shotgun with heavy duplex. It’s small, light, and bright as can be. If you watch eBay you can pick up a used one for about what the Nikon scope costs, and it’s a Leupold.
rmb721

Post by rmb721 »

On my crossbows, I have two Leupold 1.5-5x20 and two 1-4x20 shotgun scopes. All with heavy duplex. I did have Crossbones on all four, but I like the heavy duplex better.

If you buy a Leupold 1.5-5x20, be careful not to get a counterfeit. Ask for the serial number including the letter and call or e-mail Leupold to check if it is a real Leupold.

If you see one that says Lndex lens system instead of Index lens system, it is a fake. Also 1/2 min clicks instead of 1/4 min clicks.

Just had to add that if you look through the scope from the objective lens and can see any screws, it is counterfeit. The turret covers are usually higher also.
Last edited by rmb721 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I would fill out a warranty claim on the scope and send it back for replacement that is what I had to do . Unless you want to upgrade .
Normous

Post by Normous »

rmb721 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:27 am
On my crossbows, I have two Leupold 1.5-5x20 and two 1-4x20 shotgun scopes. All with heavy duplex. I did have Crossbones on all four, but I like the heavy duplex better.

If you buy a Leupold 1.5-5x20, be careful not to get a counterfeit. Ask for the serial number including the letter and call or e-mail Leupold to check if it is a real Leupold.

If you see one that says Lndex lens system instead of Index lens system, it is a fake. Also 1/2 min clicks instead of 1/4 min clicks.

https://www.leupold.com/service-support/resources/counterfeit-warning
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
MJNader

Post by MJNader »

Thanks a lot guys for your input, I will send the deadzone scope for warranty but I still got the redfield, when the deadzone comes back I'll use it as a backup
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

You won't regret using the Redfield , it has good glass and great in low light . I you don't mind how big it is you will be fine.
W.M.
ghall6292

Post by ghall6292 »

X2 on the Redfield. It's a Leupold product-you know it's built to last. I love the one on my Grizzly. Plenty bright and very clear. And, as mentioned, a steal!

G.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I find the Nikon Bolt to be a perfect size for the micro series. Especially if you go minimalist and don't hang stuff from your bow
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme