Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papa bear1

Turkeys

Post by papa bear1 »

I truly believe the turkeys here in Missouri are on (Shelter in Place ) order,
been outside every morning @ daybreak and have not heard 1 gobble, :silent:
and people say animals are dumb. :roll:

Dave :lol:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
longbow joe

Re: Turkeys

Post by longbow joe »

Hang in there.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

They are a little behind here have seen a few have heard a few I have seen years like this and have still got my turkeys . Season starts here on April 27 I think they are still in their winter feeding pattern
grouse

Post by grouse »

papa bear1 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:15 am
I truly believe the turkeys here in Missouri are on (Shelter in Place ) order,
been outside every morning @ daybreak and have not heard 1 gobble, :silent:
and people say animals are dumb. :roll:

Dave :lol:
I agree! I've been up to my farm several times in the last month and have heard only a very few distant gobbles. Most mornings I have heard none. We've had poor hatches for several consecutive years resulting in a big population drop. We normally have multiple gobblers on or near my farm but this year I've only heard one bird that might have been in my woods, but I think he was across the creek. I may still go out opening morning but after that I'll concentrate on fishing (if I can find anyplace that's open).
axiom
350 SE
SEW

Post by SEW »

Here in Arkansas, they seem most active in mid morning and 2-3 hours before dark. The turkey population has been low for a few years.
I got one on opening morning. Ambushed it in a food plot out of my bear blind. I called it in, but it snuck in silently. Have heard no gobbles at all.
Shotgun.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....humans should learn from turkey's .....from watching inventively they are practicing social distancing from not only us but from each other! :shock:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

I don't hear them but my wife does. Nothing to do with my crappy hearing I'm sure :roll: But then her hearing is so good she hears stuff I think sometimes :wtf:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:42 am
.....humans should learn from turkey's .....from watching inventively they are practicing social distancing from not only us but from each other! :shock:
:thumbup: :lol:
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Boo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:49 am
I don't hear them but my wife does. Nothing to do with my crappy hearing I'm sure :roll: But then her hearing is so good she hears stuff I think sometimes :wtf:
Wives have special ears, they hear things we don't want them to hear. :shh: :(

Dave :think:
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
Boo

Post by Boo »

papa bear1 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:56 am
Boo wrote:
Wives have special ears, they hear things we don't want them to hear. :shh: :(

Dave :think:
Yeah, whats up with that? :eusa-deadhorse: :lol: :lol: :lol:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
Don, years ago, I read an article in a gun magazine where Bill Jordan was turkey hunting and stated that he couldn’t hear them gobble. My thoughts at the time were, “ how deaf do you have to be to not hear s turkey gobble.” A few years ago my friend Phil and I were turkey hunting together, he said” there’s one, hear that?” I was like “ What?”.... oh well, now I know how deaf you would have to be!😂😂😂
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:46 pm
Boo wrote:
Don, years ago, I read an article in a gun magazine where Bill Jordan was turkey hunting and stated that he couldn’t hear them gobble. My thoughts at the time were, “ how deaf do you have to be to not hear s turkey gobble.” A few years ago my friend Phil and I were turkey hunting together, he said” there’s one, hear that?” I was like “ What?”.... oh well, now I know how deaf you would have to be!😂😂😂
Such is the life of us tradesmen and heavy users of firearms. :roll:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
This is so true Boo. You can be having a gathering of several men & woman in two separate areas of the house, and the woman will be talking louder, and all at once, but your wife can hear every word you say through all that commotion! This has been proven over the years with several woman in our family, and if you want to have a bit of fun, try this sometime, after the virus of course! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:31 pm
Boo wrote:
This is so true Boo. You can be having a gathering of several men & woman in two separate areas of the house, and the woman will be talking louder, and all at once, but your wife can hear every word you say through all that commotion! This has been proven over the years with several woman in our family, and if you want to have a bit of fun, try this sometime, after the virus of course! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: True, true, true. Us men are the downtrodden with big invisible thumb prints on our necks! :oops:
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:31 pm
Boo wrote:
My brother and I always wonder how our Mom knew what we were up too! :eusa-naughty: She my Mom always told me she has eyes in the back of her head? So not only hearing but seeing too. :shock:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers