Wingbone call

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grouse

Re: Wingbone call

Post by grouse »

Years ago I bought something called the "Tom Turpin Turkey Yelper" which was an imitation wing bone call made from wood. I used it to kill several turkeys. It was especially good at clucking. Over the many years I've hunted turkeys I've also used box callers, diaphragms and slate callers to kill turkeys. The last few years slate callers have become my favorite. I don't have to put a spitty nasty diaphragm into my mouth and I can easily yelp, cluck, purr or cackle and vary the volume. The only thing I use diaphragm callers for any more is to gobble (I use my finger to move my lips to make a realistic gobble). I know it's dangerous (especially on public land) but it can be really effective in certain circumstances.
axiom
350 SE
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

How long do you let the 40 volume peroxide sit?
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
janesy

Post by janesy »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:32 pm
How long do you let the 40 volume peroxide sit?
I use 40 volume peroxide with powdered hair whitener which is blue in colour. If you mix them it turns the peroxide hell thicker and the peroxide stays on the bone better and doesn't fall off. It's also easier to see where the peroxide is and isn't. For a skull that's key.
I typically leave it on over night then wash off with water in the morning. Allow to dry all day, reapply overnight again. Do this until it's a white as you want it.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme