One week till Turkey day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

One week till Turkey day

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/w34mYBrh]Image
Spent the morning putting up the doghouse in it's now 10th year at this location ,on top of the swamp.This spot never disappoints it's good year after year.
My brother and l had to cut down a large fallen tree that just was messing up all the turkey activity on the plateau
It was dividing the whole area so we cut it in pieces with the chainsaw .my brother was working the saw and didn't hear it but on startup a big old gobbler was gobbling up a storm . .a very good sign.
Now I'm ready.we got another doghouse ready about a mile away last week at another location. Cant wait till next week.
I could care less if l get one just want to get my brother a bird and then l will worry about me.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Re: One week till Turkey day

Post by janesy »

Nice setup Joe.

Our season opened yesterday, but I'm way too busy at work. I'm hoping for. 2 hour sit at least once this week.
I'm taking a friend with me this year to introduce him to turkey hunting. I hope he gets one, he's one of these guys who works hard, puts in the time and does everything right... It just never happens and he can't connect for whatever reason. I'm really hoping to break that this year.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I have the same blind!

We hunted yesterday. Heard one gobble but I think he left with some hens! Lol

I enjoy turkey hunting as well but never seem to be able to dedicate much time to it between walleye fishing, bear baiting and work I am lucky to Turkey hunt maybe 3 times in our one month season.... :oops:
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I hear ya buddy. Life is hard. Last year I had to use a calendar for the first time in my life just to make it through May and June. Away 4 days, home for 2. At least my kids remembered my name.
Carnivorous wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:04 am
I have the same blind!

We hunted yesterday. Heard one gobble but I think he left with some hens! Lol

I enjoy turkey hunting as well but never seem to be able to dedicate much time to it between walleye fishing, bear baiting and work I am lucky to Turkey hunt maybe 3 times in our one month season.... :oops:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My work is extremely buisy also .
I normally install glass in trucks and heavy equipment but this virus is putting us into the lexan" spit shield " market literally overnight so Turkey season is gonna be limited also for me
This virus thing is crazy some people have no work others are swamped....cant wait till it ends ...but what will normal be ?
Last edited by longbow joe on Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/5YXTyVQR]Image