C-2 Crank

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

brianpa

C-2 Crank

Post by brianpa »

Just received a new one and it will not go on the stock unless I loosen up the main brass piece too because the pin sticks out to far when it is on screwed all the way.
Is there a fix for this or is it a normal problem?
W.Miguire

Re: C-2 Crank

Post by W.Miguire »

When you install the C2 the screw has to be all the way back and then when it is place you have to tighten it up that's how they work. I hope this helps.
W.M.
brianpa

Post by brianpa »

it is all the way back and still sticks out about 3/16 of an inch. I have to almost unscrew the hole thing to get it to go on the stock then I can screw all of it back in a little then screw the pin into the stock.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Does it line up? if it does, tip it back onto the stock so the exposed pin portion starts into the hole, send it back to Excalibur after turkey season. I'll have to find mine to check to see if goes all the way in, or not when backed off. I can't remember if there is a jamb nut on it or not. If so, back that off, which would mean turn the nut toward the hole in the stock. Keep us posted please, hope you get it whipped!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Do you have pictures? I have to unscrew mine all the way back and then put it on and screw it back up.
What excalibur are you using? A newer model or older one?
brianpa

Post by brianpa »

onebigskittle, I don't have a online photo site. I'm shooting a grizzly and a axe and when I screw the pin all the way out it still sticks out 3/16 of a inch so I have to take the hole thing all the way off the crank then screw the nut part back in then the pin.
Boo

Post by Boo »

On occasion, the holes aren't drilled perfectly. I've had to redrill 2 of mine and I just had someone drop off a 380 today for some work and redrilling is one of the items to address.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

brianpa wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 5:24 pm
onebigskittle, I don't have a online photo site. I'm shooting a grizzly and a axe and when I screw the pin all the way out it still sticks out 3/16 of a inch so I have to take the hole thing all the way off the crank then screw the nut part back in then the pin.
If you plan to keep it and use it, can you trim the end, and round it off again? That is what I would do. I used my old one on my Axe, and Micro 355 without issue, so something is up with the crank in my opinion.
brianpa

Post by brianpa »

Wish I could post a picture! the pin sticks out on the inside of the crank 3/16" when it is unscrewed as far as it can be and it is impossible to slide it over the stock until you unscrew the entire thing out of the crank plate so there is only a threaded hole left then and only then can you screw the nut part with the protruding pin back in all the way then screw the pin into the stock.
I contacted Excalibur about it but I probably won't hear back till early this coming week.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

text it to me, or email, I'll post the picture. I''m sure that will help. A couple pics. would be best!
219-789-2052

[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Here is the picture, I'm looking it over right now too! :eusa-popcorn:

Image[url=https://postimg.cc/wtxfcQJj]Image
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Couple quik questions. Did you tap on the inside to try to un-stick it? It looks like the end is mushroomed a bit, the whole shaft might have a slight bend in it also. Get a wrench, and loosen that nut if possible, don't torque on it real hard, then see if the whole thing screws out. That end looks bad, maybe an exchange, or warranty is required.
brianpa

Post by brianpa »

It is not stuck at all it only screws out that far but will turn all the way in. I unscrew the nut and take the whole part out to put it over the stock then screw everything back in to lock it in position. It seems like the inside of the nut was never machined out deep enough.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Do you have an Excalibur source near you? Next week I'll have some time to go get my old crank and look it over. We'll get you fixed up!
brianpa

Post by brianpa »

Thanks xcaliber I appreciate it.