Not a good day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

canoe13

Not a good day

Post by canoe13 »

So I went out for some target shooting to try out a 1x scope and new Baby Bumpers on my Matrix 330. Shooting a few different bag targets I made I stripped fletchings off an arrow. Then I dry fired the bow ; the string jumped over the bumpers and tore a limb tip off. I have dry fired before without bumpers and with factory ones with no problem.
The limb tip flew 30 yards , landing at my target. So I started shooting my Axe and I think I had a partial dry fire. There was an arrow loaded and I was aimed at the bullseye. But when I pulled the trigger nothing hit the target and the shot sounded odd. I think the arrow slid forward a little before I readied to shoot. Never found that arrow. After that I packed it in.; got home and ordered an ADF and Air Brakes for my Matrix (Axe has them). Next week's session will be better.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
longbow joe

Re: Not a good day

Post by longbow joe »

That stinks.
I had a new factory string break on my m330 years back .lt only bent a limb strap they are usually pretty tough.
Never been into the adf thing myself. l actually take them off all my bows , But they definitely have a purpose. Some days we are all just not in the game with our heads.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Good decision on the ADF but I don't think there will be much if any improvement with the air brakes. Bummer about how your day went, but at least you aren't dry-firing outside you dirt home in Afghanistan.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Good news is that you probably got all the dryfires out of your system :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

Sorry to here that. I had a dryfire last year with my matrix 355, with a flemish string and baby bumpers and all that happened was the string broke. Got a new flemish string and an adf, didn't want to push my luck any further.

👀👍 :eusa-dance:

Mike.
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters