First Day On The Lake May 2/2020

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

First Day On The Lake May 2/2020

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Got out for a little trolling for the first time Saturday. The Province finally opened the season May 1st. A very peaceful spot.
Threw this one back it obviously spawned out last fall, very skinny. Look at the depth 30 feet from the rock and the temp is 43.3 F.
Wayne

Species8472

Re: First Day On The Lake May 2/2020

Post by Species8472 »

Awesome
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Species8472 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 pm
Awesome
I really enjoyed your post getting the inflatable going. Very nice up around that part of OT. I have 2 sisters living in Orillia.
Wayne
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Nice looks like awesome fun l do a lot of trolling also.l just bought a limit creek runt trolling rod. Its awesome only like 5 feet but has a good action it's got a small diawa sealine line counter reel this is all new to me but I'm loving the combo.lts great to actually know that you can duplicate the exact way you had it before.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
equinoxcam1

Post by equinoxcam1 »

Hi stepnoutnb,
That is a beautiful place to do some fishing!!
Can you tell me where that is. I am new to the province of New Brunswick and I am looking for places to take my boat.
Thanx Jim .
Equinox
varizone scope
scope mounted camera
excal firebolts
boo string
Bolt cutter
S5
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

equinoxcam1 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:46 am
Hi stepnoutnb,
That is a beautiful place to do some fishing!!
Can you tell me where that is. I am new to the province of New Brunswick and I am looking for places to take my boat.
Thanx Jim .
It’s in Saint John. Loch Lomond Lake. It has motor restrictions of 9.9 hp or smaller 4 stroke only. You can’t even have a main larger motor with a kicker or they will fine you. It is part of the city watershed. This lake has a 2 fish limit. I find over the years people are abusing the lake. People are killing everything they catch. I always release the majority of the fish. Currently I release 75%. Over the last 25 years in particular the last 10 the lake population has declined as fishing pressure has increased.
I have 2 motors for that boat. The 9.9 for that lake and a 25 2 stroke for duck hunting and Striped bass fishing on the Saint John River. There are hundreds of lakes in NB for bass, trout, landlocked Salmon, I believe I saw on the GNB web site public boat launch sites check that out. There is a great population of Muskie in the Saint John River now along with Stipe Bass, Chain Pickerel and Sturgeon. The Head pond at the dam in Fredericton has a great pop of small mouth and Muskie. There is like 60 miles of great fishing there as well.

Wayne
I’m an Atlantic Salmon fisherman. Everything else I fish is to fill the time while waiting for the salmon to arrive.

Ps Normally I tell no one anything about fishing or hunting but I’ve mellowed in my old age lol. Good luck.
equinoxcam1

Post by equinoxcam1 »

Thank you for sharing some info with me. I am from Ontario and am usually on the Great Lakes down rigging for salmon, trout and walleye .. I now live near Moncton NB .
Equinox
varizone scope
scope mounted camera
excal firebolts
boo string
Bolt cutter
S5
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

equinoxcam1 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:56 am
Thank you for sharing some info with me. I am from Ontario and am usually on the Great Lakes down rigging for salmon, trout and walleye .. I now live near Moncton NB .
You should go up to Miramichi city and fish stripe bass. They have 1.4-1.6 million spawn there this month. They will take everything in their path. Not uncommon to hook 60 each rod per day. Look closely at the rules. The fish has to be in a certain size range to be legal. Single BARBLESS hook only. You will be fishing among 20-40 boats. Most boats will have 1 fish on and many will have 2 fish on at once. Just look on google earth for the boat launch. There will be fish there now until end of Juneand again in September. It will be worth the ride.