AXIOM SMF

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever

AXIOM SMF

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

just got one. was looking for a third crossbow, as my youngest son and Grandsons and I hunt together. I was looking for something that wouldn't need a crank. Just wandering about the broad heads? Got 4 Firebolts with it, have some Executioner shafts that may be replacements for it. Are blazers better than long fletchings on 20" shafts?
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
longbow joe

Re: AXIOM SMF

Post by longbow joe »

My vixen is slower than that bow and l can use basically any smaller expandable (xact,spitfires, lazerstrikes, etc. No worries just dont go too big .the boltcutter and the factory fire bolts will be very accurate also. I have had great groups with the slick tricks .
I might use the magnus black hornet this year that's another great flying fixed blade ...no worries that crossbow is right on par with a modern compound speed wise. (Most companies basically lie anyway about their compounds speed anyway shooting bare minimum arrows )
Blazers and the zombies will definitely be better than a fire bolt but for a kid shooting 30 yards not an issue either.
I shoot a zombie with a 110 insert and a 100 grain head with all my bows ...its the best l can find and l shot a lot of shafts and heads.
I just killed a Turkey the other day at 37 yards with my lbex basically the same bow as an axiom its plenty fast enough and very accurate
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
grouse

Post by grouse »

An Axiom was my first crossbow. I hunted 5 years with it and took 6 deer. It shoots plenty hard and is just as accurate as any excal. Shooting out of an elevated stand, the wider limbs make absolutely no difference. I hunted my first year with firebolts and boltcutters. I killed the only deer I shot at and it dropped within sight. I bought some Black Eagle Zombies and slick tricks in the off season and used them every year after that. Both combinations worked fine. Use any good arrow and any good broadhead and the bow will do its part. I could hunt the rest of my life with my Axiom with no complaint. The 350 was too good a deal to pass up but, I didn't need it.
axiom
350 SE
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

thanks for the info
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
janesy

Post by janesy »

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:09 am
just got one. was looking for a third crossbow, as my youngest son and Grandsons and I hunt together. I was looking for something that wouldn't need a crank. Just wandering about the broad heads? Got 4 Firebolts with it, have some Executioner shafts that may be replacements for it. Are blazers better than long fletchings on 20" shafts?
Friend of mine had one, it shot great with bolt cutters on factory arras
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme