Missouri Elk Season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grouse

Missouri Elk Season

Post by grouse »

Missouri just announced that it will hold its first elk season in modern history this coming fall. Elk were native to Missouri but were wiped out in the 19th century. There will be an archery season (including crossbows) in October and a firearms season a little later. Whoever draws a tag can hunt either or both seasons. The bad news is that only 5 tags will be issued. There is a $10 non refundable fee to register for the tag drawing which will be held July 1st. the lucky winners will then pay $50 for an elk tag. Bulls only with a minimum of 6y" of antlers showing are legal. Only Missouri residents are eligible.

I don't buy lottery tickets but I'm already registered for this. My chances are very slim, but who knows.
axiom
350 SE
drywallerdave1

Re: Missouri Elk Season

Post by drywallerdave1 »

Good luck!!! I live in Missouri also but I think I am going to pass this year on the elk hunt. Maybe next year I will take a chance for a tag.
Prmtvbowman22

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

Chase some of those elk up into Illinois so I can have a shot at them
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

* Boy * that would be like winning the lottery,
but I will not enter so someone else can win the tag :wink:

Dave :lol:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Good Luck!!!
Talk about hitting the jackpot if you call pull it off!! Here's hoping for ya!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!