Hunting show pet peeves!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Hunting show pet peeves!!

Post by Carnivorous »

I'm a hunting show junkie! Lol

For the love of god please stop saying "smoked him" !!! After the shot.

This shows a complete lack of respect for the animal and makes me cringe!!!!

After I make the kill I say a quiet prayer for the animal and collect myself. No words spoken. I re-live what just occurred. When I recover I put my hand on the kill and thank the animal for giving its life to feed me in the most natural way known to man!

Cheers!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Hatchet

Re: Hunting show pet peeves!!

Post by Hatchet »

How about creative editing. Guy goes into the woods blows on a grunt call and the deer instantly march right in. Like he is the Pied Piper or something. We also thank God and the animal. Seems like the respectful thing to do.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:45 pm
I'm a hunting show junkie! Lol

For the love of god please stop saying "smoked him" !!! After the shot.

This shows a complete lack of respect for the animal and makes me cringe!!!!

After I make the kill I say a quiet prayer for the animal and collect myself. No words spoken. I re-live what just occurred. When I recover I put my hand on the kill and thank the animal for giving its life to feed me in the most natural way known to man!

Cheers!! :)
I agree Jeff, I have pretty much given up on hunting show. Except for our old pal Steve. He's good to go.

Me being not religious ... but not not-religious, I also usually also place a hand on the animal and thank it, almost like I am talking directly to it.
Funny I was just talking to a friend about that very thing this morning.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

Even worse, when young children begin hunting, they high five their parent in the blind and say "I smoked him Dad, I really smoked him" yes son, "you smoked him" . :thumbdown:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

I agree. I kind hate the shows that seem to scream "Look at me and see what I did". I like to learn more info from them than the bragging. What I have always hated is when I get back home from hunting and people would ask "What did you kill?" I've said many times here on this forum , "Theres more to hunting than just killing. Harvesting a animal is just a bonus."
Last edited by Robinsons Rebel on Fri May 15, 2020 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
janesy

Post by janesy »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:45 pm
I agree. I kind hate the shows that seem to scream "Look at me and see what I did". I like to learn more info from them than the bragging. What I have always hated is when I get back home from hunting and people would ask "What did you kill?" I've said many times here on this forum , "Theres more to hunting than just killing. Hazvesting a animal is just a bonus."
Could be worse, they could ask you "Catch anything"?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

I don't care if they say smoked him as much as the constant plugs for the brands used.. oh this gizmo called him in then this gizmo laid the smackdown and now were going to haul this buck outta this super duper seed of food plot here in this gizmo 4 wheeler thingy....

Watch the hunting public or pinhoti project on youtube and you wont go back..its real world average joe hunting and you dont feel like you're watching an infomercial
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

My pet peeve is the term “ Harvested” I.e. “ I harvested this buck”. Ok, if you are hunting on a deer farm , and you planted it, feed it, watered it, nurtured it, then yes you harvested it. If you hunted it... not so much. You harvest a crop!
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:01 am
My pet peeve is the term “ Harvested” I.e. “ I harvested this buck”. Ok, if you are hunting on a deer farm , and you planted it, feed it, watered it, nurtured it, then yes you harvested it. If you hunted it... not so much. You harvest a crop!
:thumbup: :clap:

Dave :eusa-think:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

True...no problem with legally, killing a game animal. “Harvest” makes me think of tree huggers which I am most definitely NOT. Another pet peeve is these game farms that are fenced and they charge thousands for killing a buck by antler size...$5000 for a freaky looking 200”
Sickening. My ideal deer is one that is in my freezer and my standards prefer body weight instead of antler inches.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I quit watching long ago , the stars started making questionable shots while saying the made a good hit ...The scene looks to be early morning and they recover the deer in pitch black ...And then they started plugging equipment >...They put the emphasis on the Big game Trophy hunting , will it make book , thats a 160 inch buck etc , etc..... They take away from the simple joy of the hunt and watching the game we seek .
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

well said ...... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
my thoughts exactly :!: :!: :!: :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Normous wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:46 pm
Even worse, when young children begin hunting, they high five their parent in the blind and say "I smoked him Dad, I really smoked him" yes son, "you smoked him" . :thumbdown:
Makes one wonder what "they've been smoking" :eusa-think:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

My main dislike is the photos, meaning they shot the deer and dont takecare of the meat for hrs. Sometimes overnight. Even late in the am Etc.

So they can get the best pictures possible.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Folks, folks, you are watching the WRONG hunting shows.

For real, honest to goodness, REALITY hunting, watch Steven Rinella in his Meat Eater series.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.