Anyone use Ozonics??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Anyone use Ozonics??

Post by AJ01 »

I see these things talked about quite a lot. However, they seem really "pricey" to say the least. :shock:
I've never owned one, nor ever used one. And probably won't ever. :eusa-snooty:
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with one, good or bad...

Seems to me like it's one of those things designed to "bag" hunters, more so than the game being pursued. :lol:

Being in East Texas, I just store my gear with a mixture of green Pine needles, fresh cut Cedar bark and needles and green Sweetgum leaves placed inside porous bags inside a plastic storage bin.
Sure is cheaper than an Ozonics rig... :wink:
JMHO.. :think:

Andy
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Buck

Re: Anyone use Ozonics??

Post by Buck »

I regularly hunt with a friend who uses the bag set up and brings a unit into the stand. There hasn’t been any noticeable change for him. He has had mature does go nose up and blow when down wind from him. It all comes down to location, whichever way the wind is blowing, playing it correctly, and a little bit of luck.

Maybe it’s an old school thought, but if the unit eliminates 90% of human scent, would a deer not be concerned if they only caught a 10% whiff of human scent? Would that 10% of scent still travel 30 (or more) yards down wind?

Me personally, I would not spend the $$$ for the ozonics. I do my best to keep my cloths scent free and get dressed at the hunting property. I can’t measure how much that helps to reduce scent but I’ve been doing it for years with success and it’s a lot less expensive than the ozonics setup.

Good luck and hunt safe.
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

I use a scent crusher tote which I believe helps. I still use non scented laundry soap and use fresh earth cover scent. I mainly use the scent crusher after I hunt when I'm away on trips to kind of recharge my camo so to speak. Ozone still leaves an odor that even I can smell which disappears after awhile. It lets me start with a clean,odor and bacteria free slate .It helps but of course it's not a cure all. I really got it more for around the house for odd items that you can't wash all the time( couch cushions,dog bed,bed pillows etc.) Just another tool in the workshop.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My friends have it not a gimmick definitely works.... but just a pia to drag in the woods....who needs more to carry seems like the duffel bag filled with leaves for your clothes and a clean shower still the ticket. Most friends have abandoned them lol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
grouse

Post by grouse »

I wash my camo without detergent (who cares if the blood stains don't come out) and throw in a little baking soda. Our washer has a double rinse cycle and I use that. We have a pole for hanging plants outside that I use to air dry my hunting clothes. That's as far as I go.
axiom
350 SE