Pandemic...not all doom n gloom

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Pandemic...not all doom n gloom

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/p5kL6YXN]Image
Had a great pandemic Sunday...caught 6 nice bass this morning and heard a couple of gobblers answer on the roost this evening its awesome just knowing they are gonna be near in the morning got some rain coming this week so gonna try to get out whenever possible .we can hunt Turkey all day starting tomorrow so I'm gonna do some evening hunts weather permitting good luck to everyone...n dont forget to wear yer mask for the turkeys so you dont hurt em with yer breath !...lts better to give em a super freak extreme or even a heavy shot shower ...
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Re: Pandemic...not all doom n gloom

Post by amythntr »

.....nice work LBJ!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Thanks Anthony lm glad your ok.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Sounds like a good day to me. Nice fish. Good luck on your turkey hunt LBJ.
Take care
Hatchet
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Looks great, stay safe, and have fun Joe!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SEW

Post by SEW »

amythntr wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:41 am
.....nice work LBJ!
Please don’t use those initials for Longbow Joe!!! Brings back terrible memories. I actually have personal experience.

In every situation in life, we can normally optimize our opportunities . Joe, you seem to be doing that very well.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

SEW wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:25 am
amythntr wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:41 am
.....nice work LBJ!
Please don’t use those initials for Longbow Joe!!! Brings back terrible memories. I actually have personal experience.

In every situation in life, we can normally optimize our opportunities . Joe, you seem to be doing that very well.
In Texas, LBJ sure doesn’t stand for Longbow Joe!😂😂
SEW

Post by SEW »

When I grew up in the 50s and 60s in NE Arkansas, my backdoor neighbor was LBJ’s college roommate. When LBJ became VP, he got to name all the Asst Cabinet members. My neighbor became asst Postmaster General. LBJ and my neighbor were best friends. I worked for my neighbor during HS and a couple of years in college. Served as back up driver for Gov Faubus - my neighbor was ahead of the Dem party for a large section of the South and mid-West. We visited Washington frequently I never met Kennedy but Johnson was a different story. I couldn’t stand him!!! Faubus! What a character! I’d never vote for him but couldn’t help but like him. He was so funny
My eyes were opened, wide open , in the 60s. Have NEVER voted Democrat !

The LBJ ranch , in some need of repair, is in a beautiful setting. If you’re ever near Fredericksburg, TX , don’t miss seeing it along with the mini-AF 1.

LBJ wouldn’t shoot an Excalibur.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

SEW wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:59 pm
When I grew up in the 50s and 60s in NE Arkansas, my backdoor neighbor was LBJ’s college roommate. When LBJ became VP, he got to name all the Asst Cabinet members. My neighbor became asst Postmaster General. LBJ and my neighbor were best friends. I worked for my neighbor during HS and a couple of years in college. Served as back up driver for Gov Faubus - my neighbor was ahead of the Dem party for a large section of the South and mid-West. We visited Washington frequently I never met Kennedy but Johnson was a different story. I couldn’t stand him!!! Faubus! What a character! I’d never vote for him but couldn’t help but like him. He was so funny
My eyes were opened, wide open , in the 60s. Have NEVER voted Democrat !

The LBJ ranch , in some need of repair, is in a beautiful setting. If you’re ever near Fredericksburg, TX , don’t miss seeing it along with the mini-AF 1.

LBJ wouldn’t shoot an Excalibur.
Rode bikes in the LBJ ride last year and were entered this year until Covid shut everything down. The LBJ ranch is a beautiful place
I have an LBJ story also. When I was about 13, we went down into that part of the state to look for a deer lease. My folks and another couple that they had been friends with for years. Well my mom was a teacher for about a hundred years ( not stretching that much) and it would not do that we go home without learning something. So she was set and determined that we would go out to the ranch and see the "Birth Place museum. Well it opened at 9:00 am and we were there waiting. The lady that ran the museum was a no-show, so we waited. After a bit, my mother said "The family cemetery is right across the road, lets go look at it". We did and as we were looking around at it, here comes this white Lincoln convertible. It went to the Birthplace and turned around. My folks and their friends were discussing whether they thought that was LBJ or not. As the car came back past us, my moms friend, that has ZERO filter, hollered "Hey LBJ, Is that you?" The Lincoln stopped, backed up, pulled into the little parking lot, and with a big smile he said "Why, yes ma'am, it is" He then introduced himself to everyone and us to him. He shook everybody's hand, made small talk. A very likable guy. He then said that the lady that ran the museum always honked as she went by to let him know that she was there, Well she hadn't honked so he came down to see what was up. Pretty exciting for a 13 year old kid.
SEW

Post by SEW »

LBJ must have known you were Texans. My mother’s favorite dress was one she got from Ladybird. They got along well. I have no idea why she got that dress other than once she complimented it and two weeks later it came in the mail. That Lincoln is in one of the garages at the ranch. The one nearest the VC-140 (Jetstar) or whatever it is.