Axe340 and stringer aid ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

Axe340 and stringer aid ??

Post by bobcattrapper »

I have the Danny Miller one and I cannot get it to work even with the charger. It goes to the trigger you hear a click .But it’s not really cocked. I felt if I kept trying the charger handle was gonna snap. :roll: I use one on my 330 no problem . I also adjusted it a few times to see. Something felt slipping too. I finally gave up before something broke.so what string aid are you all using? And any problems with it with the 🪓 axe.For those that use the charger does it take really a lot more force to go in the trigger then just cocking the bow string to shoot? I only feel pressure on the limbs cocking my 330 a little more. Going to try the Excalibur stringer next.Hope it’s not my charger.
Boo

Re: Axe340 and stringer aid ??

Post by Boo »

You are doing something wrong. I use it on my 360TD and 400TD. Once it is on, take up all the slack, including at the plastic blocks. Then crank it up enough to swap strings. You do not have to get the stringing aid rope to engage the trigger latches.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Boo wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:38 pm
You are doing something wrong. I use it on my 360TD and 400TD. Once it is on, take up all the slack, including at the plastic blocks. Then crank it up enough to swap strings. You do not have to get the stringing aid rope to engage the trigger latches.
So don’t engage in the trigger but stop to get the string off? So just keep the charger on while doing that? I always used to engage the trigger on my 330 matrix .what if I;want to use the rope cocker aid with it in the field?
Last edited by bobcattrapper on Mon May 25, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Boo wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:38 pm
I also did everything like you said. I compared both Miller stringers to make sure .The rope does look a tad thicker on the new one. It’s definitely not user error. If it’s not the stringer then it’s my trigger or the crank is faulty. Beginning to regret buying the axe and charger now.inalready had one problem with the charger. So had to take both sides off and turn the cord one revolution so the hooks would retract all the way. Maybe my spring in the charger is no good.hmmmmmmm
janesy

Post by janesy »

The crank units have an anti reverse feature built in. All you have to do is crank it up until the slack is off the string. It doesn't need to go all the way to the trigger, let the crank hold the weight half cocked

I did an assassin string using the crank and a DM. Stringing a couple months back.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

janesy wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:26 pm
The crank units have an anti reverse feature built in. All you have to do is crank it up until the slack is off the string. It doesn't need to go all the way to the trigger, let the crank hold the weight half cocked

I did an assassin string using the crank and a DM. Stringing a couple months back.
Yea like boo said too. I just may want my string aid to use in the field with the rope cocker. Anyway I just tried a old Excalibur stringer after some adjustments it worked fine. The Miller one at least on my axe the rope is a tad too thick.I thought it could be my problem but wasn’t sure.I compared it to my other Miller one too. Trouble with asking questions like here on this site everyone has to assume it’s user error. :roll: Lots of times it is.But some folks always assume it’s user error and can’t except the fact that maybe just maybe it’s not. Anyway I am getting the new updated Excalibur stringer.Thanks!
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

:eusa-popcorn: :eusa-popcorn: just watching the show, an update on my axiom, no probs. just saying. Really think you'll get this hurdle figured out and end up loving the AXE. I use a charger crank on my micro 315 and no problems.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

As Boo said there is no need to crank the string until it engages the trigger, this is just wasted energy. use the charger with the stringing aid set just long enough to change/set the string length/brace height. you are making this way more complicated than it really is.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Bcxbow wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:52 pm
As Boo said there is no need to crank the string until it engages the trigger, this is just wasted energy. use the charger with the stringing aid set just long enough to change/set the string length/brace height. you are making this way more complicated than it really is.
Yea probably so........new string on.will try like you fellas say next time
janesy

Post by janesy »

bobcattrapper wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:53 pm
janesy wrote:

Yea like boo said too. I just may want my string aid to use in the field with the rope cocker. Anyway I just tried a old Excalibur stringer after some adjustments it worked fine. The Miller one at least on my axe the rope is a tad too thick.I thought it could be my problem but wasn’t sure.I compared it to my other Miller one too. Trouble with asking questions like here on this site everyone has to assume it’s user error. :roll: Lots of times it is.But some folks always assume it’s user error and can’t except the fact that maybe just maybe it’s not. Anyway I am getting the new updated Excalibur stringer.Thanks!
I didn't say anything about user error. I did just put a string on my AXE yesterday using a DM stringer. Your axe uses all the same components as your 330, trigger, rails whatever same pieces. So if it works on your 330 what's it doing differently on the axe. Can't be running out or string, your axe is shorter than a 330.

Your not really telling us what the problem is. You said it won't click into the trigger, we said it doesn't need to go that far. You replied back that that doesn't work either.

So, what exactly is the charger not doing? Will it not hold the weight if you let go of the handle?
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:25 pm
:eusa-popcorn: :eusa-popcorn: just watching the show, an update on my axiom, no probs. just saying. Really think you'll get this hurdle figured out and end up loving the AXE. I use a charger crank on my micro 315 and no problems.
Axiom is a good bow. I took mine off the for sale. Might take it out to the land and shoot another deer with it this year.
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

janesy wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:19 pm
bobcattrapper wrote:
janesy wrote:

I didn't say anything about user error. I did just put a string on my AXE yesterday using a DM stringer. Your axe uses all the same components as your 330, trigger, rails whatever same pieces. So if it works on your 330 what's it doing differently on the axe. Can't be running out or string, your axe is shorter than a 330.

Your not really telling us what the problem is. You said it won't click into the trigger, we said it doesn't need to go that far. You replied back that that doesn't work either.

So, what exactly is the charger not doing? Will it not hold the weight if you let go of the handle?
Was not you. Boo said I was doing something wrong. Read what he wrote. I know how this stuff is suppose to work . Only reason I started this topic is I was curious if others had the same problem. Apparently not. The Miller string on my new one is too thick. I figured it out finally after using a old Excalibur to change a string. I have a older Miller stringer different cord. I use it on my 330 and keep it adjusted for it. Anyway thanks for the help .
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

bobcattrapper wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 pm
janesy wrote:
bobcattrapper wrote:

Was not you. Boo said I was doing something wrong. Read what he wrote. I know how this stuff is suppose to work . Only reason I started this topic is I was curious if others had the same problem. Apparently not. The Miller stringer on my new one is too thick. I figured it out finally after using a old Excalibur to change a string. I have a older Miller stringer different cord. I use it on my 330 and keep it adjusted for it. Anyway thanks for the help .
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

:wtf:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

bobcattrapper wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 pm
janesy wrote:
bobcattrapper wrote:

Was not you. Boo said I was doing something wrong. Read what he wrote. I know how this stuff is suppose to work . Only reason I started this topic is I was curious if others had the same problem. Apparently not. The Miller string on my new one is too thick. I figured it out finally after using a old Excalibur to change a string. I have a older Miller stringer different cord. I use it on my 330 and keep it adjusted for it. Anyway thanks for the help .
Ok, I see that now. But he gave you solid accurate advice, your reading too much into it. Reply back after you get the Charger figured out, I'm sure it'll come together and you'll like it. Seems many folks buy the AXE and charger together :thumbup:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme