Axe340 and stringer aid ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RobD

Re: Axe340 and stringer aid ??

Post by RobD »

I too had problems with the stringer on the Axe. I have the older model with the gray cord. The cord would "slip" when I tried to pull it up with the charger. And yes, I know how they work, I used the same stringer on many different models from the Axiom all the way up to the BD400. The Axe seems to have a pretty tight angle with the limbs and as the limbs go up the point where the cord puts pressure on the loop doesn't hold. I ended up having to tie a knot in the cord to keep it from slipping through. I also ordered the newer stringer (#2097) which has a thicker black cord. Going to see if that works better.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
janesy

Post by janesy »

RobD wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:07 am
I too had problems with the stringer on the Axe. I have the older model with the gray cord. The cord would "slip" when I tried to pull it up with the charger. And yes, I know how they work, I used the same stringer on many different models from the Axiom all the way up to the BD400. The Axe seems to have a pretty tight angle with the limbs and as the limbs go up the point where the cord puts pressure on the loop doesn't hold. I ended up having to tie a knot in the cord to keep it from slipping through. I also ordered the newer stringer (#2097) which has a thicker black cord. Going to see if that works better.
Good point, I had the grey cord slip one time on my 370, and it did some damage to a limb as the pressure was pretty high. Ever since I have tied a knot as a precaution.

Good tip
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:05 am
RobD wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:07 am
Good point, I had the grey cord slip one time on my 370, and it did some damage to a limb as the pressure was pretty high. Ever since I have tied a knot as a precaution.

Good tip
Chris, I do not believe you own a DM stringing aid. Next time you see me I'll sell you one at a price you can't say no to. The rope creeps a bit but when Danny and I designed it rope slippage was one of the priorities which is why it has 4 holes in each block.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
RobD

Post by RobD »

Tried the new model stringer with the thick black cord (#2097) on the Axe today and it held without any slipping.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

RobD wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:29 pm
Tried the new model stringer with the thick black cord (#2097) on the Axe today and it held without any slipping.
Did you lock it in the trigger or just far enough to get the string off?
RobD

Post by RobD »

Between the trigger latch and ADF latch. The old model would slip before the cord even got to the ADF.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

RobD wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:43 pm
Between the trigger latch and ADF latch. The old model would slip before the cord even got to the ADF.
Good to know. Thanks! I have the same stringer on the way
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Received it today. Adjusted the rope. Used the crank and it worked like a charm :thumbup: No slippage or nothing.It seems to be the perfect fit for these axe limbs.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

The new stringer by Excalibur is a big improvement over the older style stringer. I like the new stringer and it works awesome! I even served mine like Boo does.

Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme