Custom Trigger Pick

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shoebuck

Custom Trigger Pick

Post by Shoebuck »

Ok guys, I know this has been gone over before but for those of us who are thinking about buying a new custom trigger assembly, Would you please take the time to tell everyone which custom trigger you are using and take a little time to explain why you prefer that one, Thanks for your time , Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
janesy

Re: Custom Trigger Pick

Post by janesy »

I've been pretty vocal on my positive opinion of the ACP.
Having the ability to test the ACP, TT single and TT 2 stage at the same time back to back with matching micros was huge for me at the time. I liked TT triggers, in fact I still have one in a micro 340, but the serving wear was unmanageable for me. Since swapping the TT singles out for ACP's my serving life has lasted significantly longer. And the option of single or 2 stage is great to have.

As I wrote in my review of one of the first ACPs to hit the market, it may or may not make sense financially to buy an ACP when you already own a TT. However my statement has turned out to be completely hypocritical as I has now gone almost entirely ACP, holding onto only a long discontinued 2 stage TT I bought second hand. My opinion still stands, if you are looking to upgrade, it makes no sense now to go any way other than ACP.

But triggers are in them selves opinion based, and many will argue the TT to be superior. With that said, the newest batches of factory triggers are pretty smooth from the factory floor.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Jack Pine

Post by Jack Pine »

Shoebuck wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:20 pm
Ok guys, I know this has been gone over before but for those of us who are thinking about buying a new custom trigger assembly, Would you please take the time to tell everyone which custom trigger you are using and take a little time to explain why you prefer that one, Thanks for your time , Dave
I'd like to try the Excalibur Pro trigger, but I have all my trigger needs filled, at least for now, by TriggerTech. A great trigger IMO. The Pro might be better, but I haven't used one so I couldn't say one way or the other.
I became a treehugger the day my climber slipped.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I bought and used the ACP trigger for about a month then sold it! TTT are much better than the ACP in my opinion. The ACP is far better than the standard trigger but not as good as the TTT. I like the light trigger action with my TTT. Just at 2 pound pull. Either way, either the TTT or ACP are better than the standard trigger. Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

my trigger techs buzz my finger after the shot. its a good trigger but i dont like that numb stingy feeling after the shot. then theres the whole auto cocking issue that happens to some including me once in while but still fustrating.it can create a condition that you have to get your string backed off the anti dry fire... you can get a pretty darn good factory trigger. my original 335-s had very good triggers. then theres the old Exocet type one piece trigger i had with an awesome trigger. if you have the itch pick one and try. if your factory trigger isint living up then send it in for service. there are a few people that work on them. i got one slicked up and done from Dan Miller was a gooder!
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

Acp trigger is my favorite. And I had a triggertech. Sold it
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

I prefer the Trigger Tech's. Have a couple of them actually.
I like the single stage and less than 2 lb pull.
Since installing that one, my grouping at extreme ranges improved a fair bit.
No serving chewing beyond what I consider "normal".

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

Thx to everyone, good information, but still about 50 50 on preference, quests that means they are both good.
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
janesy

Post by janesy »

Shoebuck wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:01 pm
Thx to everyone, good information, but still about 50 50 on preference, quests that means they are both good.
They are both good. The latch reset and serving issues was enough to drive me away from TT. But they were most prevalent on my high pound micro, which is not really even high pound any more haha. On a micro 340 or less or a matrix 360 or less, they could be considered interchangeable, leaning only towards personal preference.

What bow are you looking to put one in? That may help get you some specific answers.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

I have 2 gen 1 micro 335s. The triggers are not bad, but I am sure I would shoot better groups with less travel and weight. I always set my rifles on3 lb and no over travel, I have Remington rifles and you can adjust the triggers.
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt