Moose and broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Black Coyote

Moose and broadheads

Post by Black Coyote »

How been crossbow hunting for years, largest game has been white tail deer. This year I hoping to hunt moose. Looking for recommendations on broadheads, my bow is an exomat Excalibur. Inparticular I am interested in grain size and fixed blade versus removable blades. Any comments would be appreciated.
Normous

Re: Moose and broadheads

Post by Normous »

The 3 blade QAD EXODUS Crossbow model is a stout BH with good flight characteristics. If I was hunting moose this fixed head would be on the serious end of my arrow.
100 and 125 gr available.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Ii remember watching a video of a moose shot using the Toxic broadhead and the blood loss while the moose stood there was amazing. He didn't go far.
janesy

Post by janesy »

The most common Broadhead for Excaliburs is also probably one of the best options and that's the Excal BoltCutter in 150grn.
Moose aren't terribly hard to kill, the trick it to sit still until it figures out it's dead and falls over.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

We've had over 25 one-shot kills on all kinds of game with the 150 grain Sonic Bolt from American Broadhead Company. You order them directly on-line or by calling. We use the 100 grain Sonic and 125 grain Liberty in vertical bows. I always challenge anyone to find a more accurate broadhead that flies just like your field point, doesn't need tuning and is cut on contact. Super sharp like 3 razor blade steak knives.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Exodus from QAD as Norn stated , Ramcat 125 , or Magnus Snuffer are the Heads I have carried for Bullwinkle . They need to be tough and
accurate