Friends

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Friends

Post by xcaliber »

Meeting people that you have some similar interests with is always a good thing, but when you meet in person, or on the squawk box for the first time it is like test driving a new car. You don't know everything, and you try to figure out what there is new to be gleaned from the experience. I have met many people here, and spoken to so many over the last few years that it's a bonus to me that I honestly enjoy. I have spoken with people from many areas of our country, and Canada and have learned a lot about different values, and hunting rights, different species, etc. Politics these days almost always come up, or out in the views of everyone, and I won't pick sides publicly as we shouldn't anyway. Often times you'll find the same core values exist without broaching the subject head on, and realize that maybe, just maybe a certain group of people have more in common than anyone could have imagined. I don't affiliate with any party whole heatedly, never did, and never will, but my core values won't waver, and it seems many of us hold that same sentiment. Glad I got to talk with my Friends recently, and glad we see things through the same eyes! I think we'll be friends for a very long time regardless of who wins the elections!

Thanks for the opportunity of being your friend, and hopefully we can meet in person soon, all of you! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Re: Friends

Post by Normous »

Hi Dan, just might stop in for a beer on my next trip to Iowa and introduce myself.
Importantly, the US/CDN Border and the current health environment needs to cooperate first and foremost .
Cheers.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Great post Dan and the same from me to all of the friends I have made thru this forum. :wave: :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Normous wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:53 am
Hi Dan, just might stop in for a beer on my next trip to Iowa and introduce myself.
Importantly, the US/CDN Border and the current health environment needs to cooperate first and foremost .
Cheers.
Iowa is a bit west of me, but perhaps we can do dinner somewhere between! A beer as well would be great!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Good post Dan! :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Let's not start this again. My post was not directed at you, however since you think so, I have deleted it. Let's move on.
Last edited by ComfyBear on Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Normous

Post by Normous »

ComfyBear wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:27 pm
Dan you must forgive us Canadians. Not all of us know the difference between Iowa, Illinois, or Indiana. :oops:
After all they all start with a "I". :)
The important thing is that we all can be friends, no matter what side of the border we reside. :thumbup:
Speak for yourself Lou, your post is not welcome!
I happen to know the difference between Iowa, Illinois, or Indiana quite well for your information.

I know where Dan lives and he is right along my travel route.

I thought you made a note to yourself to take a break from the forum. Might be a good idea.

Never miss a good opportunity to keep your mouth SHUT!
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Hey Dan :eusa-clap: :thumbup:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have been very fortunate to get to meet quite a few forum members and call many friends. Great bunch of folks here. I always look forward to getting to meet or see another forum member, put a face with a name etc.
Funny story, Years ago, Boo, Danny Miller and Vixenmaster were going to meet at Awshucks house and the next day go on a pig hunt. I invited myself to come up and meet everybody. I told my daughters ( they were probably mid 20's at the time) That I was going to drive up to Arkansas to meet these guys. They asked where I knew them from, and I told them that I had met them on the Excalibur Forum on the internet. They both freaked out!! NO, DAD!!! you cant go meet people you just know from the internet!!! They could be anybody or anything!!! NO, DAD, you cant go!! Well, I went and had a great time. I got to visit with them and shoot for most of a day. Exchange stories, and just get to know each other. It was much fun and I am very glad that I went up there and did that.
I have been fortunate to have gotten to attend Boofest and meet more of the forum members . Was there the year that they did the factory tour, and got to see the Excalibur factory, and see all the processes that go into making and Excalibur. I have been fortunate to have been to Danny Millers shop, and he showed us how he made strings and served them. I would like to say Thank You to all the great guys and gals on here for making me feel welcome. Y'all ( had to get at least one of those in) are the best!
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

:eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: Hey Dan
great comment. :thumbup:
Iv'e been in your town many times during my my 22 yrs. of driving trucks
wish I would have known someone like you to stop and visit...........

Dave :D
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:21 pm
I have been very fortunate to get to meet quite a few forum members and call many friends. Great bunch of folks here. I always look forward to getting to meet or see another forum member, put a face with a name etc.
Funny story, Years ago, Boo, Danny Miller and Vixenmaster were going to meet at Awshucks house and the next day go on a pig hunt. I invited myself to come up and meet everybody. I told my daughters ( they were probably mid 20's at the time) That I was going to drive up to Arkansas to meet these guys. They asked where I knew them from, and I told them that I had met them on the Excalibur Forum on the internet. They both freaked out!! NO, DAD!!! you cant go meet people you just know from the internet!!! They could be anybody or anything!!! NO, DAD, you cant go!! Well, I went and had a great time. I got to visit with them and shoot for most of a day. Exchange stories, and just get to know each other. It was much fun and I am very glad that I went up there and did that.
I have been fortunate to have gotten to attend Boofest and meet more of the forum members . Was there the year that they did the factory tour, and got to see the Excalibur factory, and see all the processes that go into making and Excalibur. I have been fortunate to have been to Danny Millers shop, and he showed us how he made strings and served them. I would like to say Thank You to all the great guys and gals on here for making me feel welcome. Y'all ( had to get at least one of those in) are the best!
:lol: :clap: :thumbup:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

Was that the year Dan shot his ATV with my compound bow? :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I first visited Dan, my whole family was against it and worried like crazy when I went.
Yep, it has been a super time with you all! I'd do it all again in a heartbeat :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:07 pm
Was that the year Dan shot his ATV with my compound bow? :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I first visited Dan, my whole family was against it and worried like crazy when I went.
Yep, it has been a super time with you all! I'd do it all again in a heartbeat :thumbup:
No, I don’t think anyone bagged a four wheeler, at least while I was there. Dan did back off his driveway just before I got there. Y’all got him fixed up.
Great Awshucks quote afterward..... “ if they hung me for being a teamster, they hung an innocent man”😂😂😂
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I agree, there's nothing better than true and mutual friendship. To have friends that are true and sincere and that have no ulterior motives or hidden agendas is a blessing, for we will be delivered from the false prophets that surround us.
Last edited by ComfyBear on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Awshucks invited Pydpiper, myself and Vixenmaster on a hog hunt about a year later . The drive down from Canada to Arkansas was over in a blink with David and I driving non stop to meet Dan. Our adventure sure did not disappoint as we both came back home with fresh hogs and lifelong memories.

My greatest pleasure during the second half of my life has been spent with many fine forum members here, both in the field and our personal gatherings.

Early on I had the same reservations as flightattendant100 children did, but Boo early on, quashed those misconceptions. Today I would never miss an opportunity to meet our fellow members.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings