O/T: Reflection on Life:

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

O/T: Reflection on Life:

Post by ComfyBear »

Who could have ever imagined that the year 2020 would bring on the events it has? Yes, it has been an unprecedented year. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the entire world. Loss of jobs, closure of venues and events, social distancing, the wearing of masks, etc. We are living in a “new normal”, and in an unfamiliar place. A place where people are under stress and anxiety. A place with increased violence, both in the streets and domestically. It certainly has made coping with life somewhat harder. The question is, how much longer will this pandemic last? When, if ever, will we be back to normal? Personally, I believe we will never return to the world we knew prior to this event. So, we must persevere and move forward the best we can.

Fortunately, every cloud has a silver lining. Granted, the pause this pandemic has caused has increased stress, anxiety, and hardships. However, it has also given us increased time to reflect upon our lives. Time to count not only our hardships, but also our blessings. In the last few days, I have done just that.

Recently this forum has witnessed some friction and difference of opinions, causing some hard feelings. In retrospect, I suppose one could blame the current events of the day. The public demonstrations, the BLM movement, our personal hardships, and the like. However, we must try to remember that we are all people living in ONE world. Unfortunately, we seem to have forgotten about the “golden rule”. Instead, we have sought an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth, rather than turning the other cheek. Yes, we are all guilty, including myself.

Well, I feel the time has come for a restart. Let us try not to harbour grudges or hard feelings. For they not only destroy others, but inevitably they will also destroy us. Therefore, I vow from this day forward to try to refrain from playing the “tit for tat” game. After all, two wrongs never make a right. Instead I will try to give others the respect and dignity that I would like to be shown.

I hope that others will follow my lead. After all, life is too short to be petty.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
xcaliber

Re: O/T: Reflection on Life:

Post by xcaliber »

I personally have had to overcome some serious problems and find these days it’s better to limit your time watching bad news. Being positive is more inviting and contagious, and finding friends is much harder than dismissing them!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
grouse

Post by grouse »

I think we'll all be much happier in a couple of months when the weather gets cooler and we can get into our stands and try to harvest a deer. We'll be curious to read about what each other is experiencing in the field and we won't waste our time looking for faults because we will just be a bunch of guys telling hunting stories. It's been a terrible year but we are lucky to be hunters and have the upcoming season to look forward to.
axiom
350 SE
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

So what are you thoughts and opinions ? If you have any, don't be afraid to agree to disagree.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

the politics bother me a lot. it's as if no one cares about me anymore.I've always voted the individual, not the party. what I see now is a lot of changes and people naturally don't like change. I was raised in an area where racism was non existent. now it's partly destroying the life as I know it. I've been raised to respect people and property. we were ornery, for sure, but we never stole or damaged anything, without owning up to it. I see my grandsons raised in a much different society, and that worries me.[img][/imghttps://i.postimg.cc/1tzLdS6V/IMG-1160.jpg, any other time the mud bottom would be a nono.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

ComfyBear wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:12 pm
Who could have ever imagined that the year 2020 would bring on the events it has? Yes, it has been an unprecedented year. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the entire world. Loss of jobs, closure of venues and events, social distancing, the wearing of masks, etc. We are living in a “new normal”, and in an unfamiliar place. A place where people are under stress and anxiety. A place with increased violence, both in the streets and domestically. It certainly has made coping with life somewhat harder. The question is, how much longer will this pandemic last? When, if ever, will we be back to normal? Personally, I believe we will never return to the world we knew prior to this event. So, we must persevere and move forward the best we can.

Fortunately, every cloud has a silver lining. Granted, the pause this pandemic has caused has increased stress, anxiety, and hardships. However, it has also given us increased time to reflect upon our lives. Time to count not only our hardships, but also our blessings. In the last few days, I have done just that.

Recently this forum has witnessed some friction and difference of opinions, causing some hard feelings. In retrospect, I suppose one could blame the current events of the day. The public demonstrations, the BLM movement, our personal hardships, and the like. However, we must try to remember that we are all people living in ONE world. Unfortunately, we seem to have forgotten about the “golden rule”. Instead, we have sought an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth, rather than turning the other cheek. Yes, we are all guilty, including myself.

Well, I feel the time has come for a restart. Let us try not to harbour grudges or hard feelings. For they not only destroy others, but inevitably they will also destroy us. Therefore, I vow from this day forward to try to refrain from playing the “tit for tat” game. After all, two wrongs never make a right. Instead I will try to give others the respect and dignity that I would like to be shown.

I hope that others will follow my lead. After all, life is too short to be petty.
:eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :thumbup:
Could not agree more :thumbup:
That's the way I was raised, and that's the way I raised my 3 sons

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:48 pm
I see my grandsons raised in a much different society, and that worries me. any other time the mud bottom would be a nono.
Here's the picture:

ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings