crank mounting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

figam

crank mounting

Post by figam »

Hi again guys and gals, thanks to Peter I'm able to ask a question. I rarely participate in the forum but review most posts to get ideas and solutions re. problems and issues. I have asked 2 or 3 questions in the past and have received prompt and helpful responses. So I'm again in need of info and come here asking again for help. Question; Can you semipermanently or permanently attach an older style crank to a matrix 355. I'm interest in removing the housing bump out that houses the screw holding the crank to the end of the stock. Thanks!
Steve Gardner
shafferm

Re: crank mounting

Post by shafferm »

Steve,

I would start by removing the brass piece from the crank and replacing it with a modified button head cap screw. Take a 1" long screw and turn it down on the lathe to engage the hole in the stock and to thread into the crank housing. The 1" long is to give you some extra length to hold onto in the lathe jaws while you work on it. Mount it up and moving in from the bottom of the bolt head leave the first .250" of threads and then turn down the next .280" or so of threads for the smooth part of the pin. Part it off past this and clean it up and install it on the bow with some threadlocker and you should be good to go. You will still have around .200" sticking up with the head, but it will be rounded and smooth. You could probably grind it down a bit as long as you can still get a hex key in it to install/remove.

Here are the measurements that I got from my C2.

The brass nut piece measures .369" diameter, looks like it is probably 3/8" x 24 tpi, would need to verify the thread info
housing is ~.250" thick
locking pin moves in ~.280" past the flat of the housing for engagement into stock
locking pin is ~.225" diameter
2002 Exomag
Varizone with Burris Sig. Zee Rings
My mods:
Scope cover adapters
Optomechanical rangefinder
Custom built lit nocks
BCY Trophy flemish string
20" XX75 2219 arrows with 4" feathers
figam

Re: crank mounting

Post by figam »

thanks for the response and detailed info. once again forum members come to the rescue!
Steve Gardner