Some Things Might Change

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Some Things Might Change

Post by ComfyBear »

.....while others stay the same. Excalibur has changed and some previous members of this forum might have passed on, but I'm proud to say, their legacy lives on.

Charity began long before some of our present "distinguished" members joined.

See for yourselves:

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=638

This archived thread garnered 20 pages of posts. Re-reading them all has reminded me of the goodness in most people's hearts. :D :cry:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
JRS

Re: Some Things Might Change

Post by JRS »

Wow, a lot of names that are no longer with us. I remember the cause and the outpouring of generosity. Can't believe that it was that long ago.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ComfyBear wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:10 am
.....while others stay the same. Excalibur has changed and some previous members of this forum might have passed on, but I'm proud to say, their legacy lives on.

Charity began long before some of our present "distinguished" members joined.

See for yourselves:

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=638

This archived thread garnered 20 pages of posts. Re-reading them all has reminded me of the goodness in most people's hearts. :D :cry:
....not really understanding your point Lou???? Charity was and is the same with this site Lou.....if the cause is just, you will have the current forum members tripping over themselves to assist and help satisfy the need....

....I don't really understand "their legacy lives on" and "charity began long before some of our present "distinguished" members joined."

....it sounds as if you are implying that our current members think they are the first to have instituted charity on this forum...I do not think this is the case....

.....human nature is such, that if there is a need, there are people who will rise to the occassion to fill the need....this forum is no different....so to ditinguish between past and current members, too me, serves no purpose....JMTC.'
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

This post should be deleted because the line "Charity began long before some of our present "distinguished" members joined" has an underlying meaning which gives the OP another self inflicted black eye.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:08 am

.....human nature is such, that if there is a need, there are people who will rise to the occassion to fill the need....this forum is no different....so to ditinguish between past and current members, too me, serves no purpose....JMTC.'
I agree, don't read more than there is into it.
The point is that the current members were not the first and will not be the last to leave a legacy. Folks with "big hearts", no matter their motives, have always existed and will continue to exist.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Normous wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:55 am
This post should be deleted because the line "Charity began long before some of our present "distinguished" members joined" has an underlying meaning which gives the OP another self inflicted black eye.
I fail to see how praising members, past or present would give anyone a "black-eye". What am I missing?
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ComfyBear wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:40 pm
amythntr wrote:

The point is that the current members were not the first and will not be the last to leave a legacy. Folks with "big hearts", no matter their motives, have always existed and will continue to exist.
.....I stand with my response!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:54 pm
ComfyBear wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:40 pm
amythntr wrote:

.....I stand with my response!
Anthony,
It is your right to do so. To each their own, who am I to say otherwise. Personally, I have more important issues to concern myself with. I'm sure you do too.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Another post that has nothing to do with crossbows. Should be moved to the off topic area. :thumbdown:
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:34 am
Another post that has nothing to do with crossbows. Should be moved to the off topic area. :thumbdown:
.....at least moved....would rather see it deleted as it makes no sense to me Jeff. :eusa-snooty:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:12 am
Carnivorous wrote:
.....at least moved....would rather see it deleted as it makes no sense to me Jeff. :eusa-snooty:
I agree with both of you, just the SOS from the OP but using different tactics to try and slip things thru.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Bcxbow wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:51 am
amythntr wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:12 am
Carnivorous wrote:
I agree with both of you, just the SOS from the OP but using different tactics to try and slip things thru.
Anthony and Jeff, if anyone does not like the post, they can choose to ignore it.

Billy, you're mistaken. It's not "just the SOS from the OP by using different tactics to try and slip things thru."
If you or anyone else chooses to think that, it's your prerogative.

Instead, it's that I'm nostalgic. For me, it has to do with past members whom to the members who joined later never had the opportunity to meet. It's about Mike (aka Red Label) who soon after died a tragic accidental death. It's about Digger and A.W. who have also passed. These were some of the members/friends with whom I attended many 3D shoots. It's about other past members, like the late Gary L from Ohio, who was near and dear to me.

Therefore, for me it has to do with crossbows and the Excalibur family. We all have our own way of seeing things. I get it if some of you do not understand. I also acknowledge and I will not deny you of your opinions. In return I would appreciate if you could do the same for me.

So please let's not belabour this issue any longer. Instead let's agree to disagree and move on.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings