which vanes for Axiom

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever

which vanes for Axiom

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

I have a few executioner shafts left and 110 grain inserts. thinking of some replacements for the firebolts that come with the Axiom. they shoot good, but nothing lasts forever. The Firebolts come with 3" vanes. thoughts on the 2" blazers for the slower crossbows like the Axiom. I figured there was a reason they put the longer vanes on the longer bolts. I've got some longer vanes to cut down from the compound days.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
longbow joe

Re: which vanes for Axiom

Post by longbow joe »

The executioner or zombie will both be your best choice regardless of vane size. You will see no evidence of different performance with the smaller vane.
The 110 and hundred grain combo will work great for you even a 125 grain broadhead is good.
I get my factory fletched zombies from Lancaster archery they are like 46 dollars for 6, choose the 20 inch option you will get the 110 grain insert.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Boo

Post by Boo »

The 2" vanes will be more durable and has more ability to steer a poor set up such as poor broadhead alignment with a fixed head. Your bow shoots at a very reasonable speed so you might not appreciate the qualities of the Blazer especially at hunting ranges. Executioners are a better choice because they are slightly cheaper and you'll never appreciate the benefits of Zombies out of your slower bow. However, none of the advice Longbow Joe is giving you is bad advice. They are all good choices.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Boo the zombies are actually 3 dollars cheaper there ....dont know why but it is.
The factory fletched executioners now come with red n white blazers .
Last edited by longbow joe on Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Double post
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

thanks for the info
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Before l shot the black eagles l always thought that the stock fire bolts and the 150 slick trick/boltcutter flew pretty darn good but I'm sure excalibur knew that when they tested the bow.
My major selling point on the black eagles was that they were much more durable if you heat up a fire bolt to get a insert out it almost crumbles but the black eagle has more strength in every way.
As boo said the stiffness is more needed in the faster bows.
It's also nice to have choices with the brass insert and not needing a 150 grain head
All of the exo bows are very forgiving just a little wide