RINEHART R100 SHOOT 8/30 ROBBINSVILLE, T.P.R.N.J. FOLLOW-UP REPORT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

RINEHART R100 SHOOT 8/30 ROBBINSVILLE, T.P.R.N.J. FOLLOW-UP REPORT

Post by amythntr »

......Curious- are any of the TPRNJ forum members (or Philly members) planning on attending the Rinehart R100 shoot in Robbinsville on Saturday 8/29 or Sunday 8/30???

......there are 100 targets over 2 days. $35 for one day and $50 for both days. My group is planning on going Saturday. :thumbup:

......let me know, maybe we can meet up, form a couple of side by side shooting groups and if nothing else say hi and rub elbows (literally.) :wave:

......OBTW....if you are only shooting for fun, you can shoot crossbows. :eusa-dance:
Last edited by amythntr on Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
nchunter

Re: RINEHART R100 SHOOT 8/29-8/30 ROBBINSVILLE, T.P.R.N.J.

Post by nchunter »

Wow, that’s the first time I’ve heard crossbows allowed at one of these archery shoots! Down here a crossbow shooter is about as welcome at an archery shoot as a Wiccan at a Baptist Revival.

It would be great to attend; if I lived within a couple hours drive of Robbinsville, NJ I would definitely be up for it. This COVID quarantine has got me itching to do something, somewhere. Can’t wait till deer season!
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Question is it still being held with covid 19 still active ? As most of that stuff has been canceled . Might check !
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

hunter with MS wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 am
Question is it still being held with covid 19 still active ? As most of that stuff has been canceled . Might check !
....why not? :eh: .....hunting seasons were not cancelled :eusa-snooty: ....you are out in the open....if you feel the need to wear masks I am sure it would not be frowned upon :eusa-pray: ....We are leaving for Maine in a couple of weeks to a campground....same thing; it is open.....

....i woiuld imagine anything that is done inside would be done according to CDC standards and precautions....

....the real question is "will the targets be wearing masks to protect us?" :eusa-doh: :shock: :eusa-think:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

How about distancing? How many people are going to go with the 6 foot rule ? All gun clubs I know have canceled their shoots weather it be turkey shoots or other shoots .Question is everyone going to wear a mask ? I know we are outside don't need one we are a long ways from this covid 19 ending . Hunting season is a lot different as it is done by one maybe two people together from the same house hold. How many people from different states are going to go to this. Are they going to be checked for covid 19? I belong to many trappers associations and all the rendezvous have been canceled. You also need to check your travel restrictions for your state. Are you going to be allowed to hold it ? I think NJ might have some number of people that can be at the shoot .
Last edited by hunter with MS on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

hunter with MS wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:54 pm
How about Distancing ? How many people are going to go with the 6 foot rule ? Most gun clubs I know have canceled their shoots weather it be turkey shoots or other shoots .Question is everyone going to wear a mask ? I know we are outside don't need one we are a long ways from this covid ending .
.....I will let you know how it plays out! I will bring a mask and will advise each one to also bring one....NJ has calmed down a little....everyone still wears masks in any store establishment....out on the street, it is hit and miss....Maine has so few cases that I am even going out shooting pistols with a friend of mine who lives up there.....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Maine also has a 14 day quarantine in state or a negative test done within 3 days of you entering the state which that comes out of your pocket which at this time is around $160.00 . I have a son in Maine .I would check to see if my state is on the list . I see your state is on the list that can enter the state with no issues
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

hunter with MS wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:37 pm
Maine also has a 14 day quarantine in state or a negative test done within 3 days of you entering the state which that comes out of your pocket which at this time is around $160.00 . I have a son in Maine .I would check to see if my state is on the list . I see your state is on the list that can enter the state with no issues
....you are correct...in fact, we were not going to go if we had to go that route....but they lifted it so my wife said we are going.....I was looking forward to a year off (been going 20 years) but I was overrulled.

.....so far we are up to 7 on the RT100 shoot!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Hi Anthony ,I have attended the R100 in Michigan about 4 time now and it has been a blast . When I was a bit younger we did all 100 targets in 1 day . Too much for this old guy now .....I wish I could attend this year but with covid there is no way for it to happen .. :? :?

NC Hunter the R100 was Not Crossbow friendly the 1st year I attended ----I posted on archery talk about the experience , the post received a lot of attention .....So much so the owner called me personally ! Alot has changed since then ... I did attend and shoot the next year with my Exocet 200 '

Have fun and be safe guys
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Farmer wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:59 am
Hi Anthony ,I have attended the R100 in Michigan about 4 time now and it has been a blast . When I was a bit younger we did all 100 targets in 1 day . Too much for this old guy now .....I wish I could attend this year but with covid there is no way for it to happen .. :? :?

NC Hunter the R100 was Not Crossbow friendly the 1st year I attended ----I posted on archery talk about the experience , the post received a lot of attention .....So much so the owner called me personally ! Alot has changed since then ... I did attend and shoot the next year with my Exocet 200 '

Have fun and be safe guys
....nice to know Paul and great for your work in getting the CB approved for the R100 shoot! :eusa-clap: :eusa-dance:

....of course, it is still NOT CB friendly in that you cannot compete :evil: ....you can only shoot for fun (but I guess that is better than nothing.... there is nowhere else to shoot at a 3D course in TPRNJ... :evil: )

....so far there are 9 of us going (5 shooting Excaliburs) :shock: :eusa-dance: ....maybe I can pick up where you left off.... :lol: :thumbup:

....I just sold a MAG340 for Excl and Wyverns :eusa-clap: as I took a friend to the range a couple of weeks ago...he shot all of my bow's, including the Scorpyd DS....fell in love with the MAG340....he couldn't believe how much time I spent with hime to show him the ropes....

.....Well, he ordered and received his package from Wyverns in 2 business days, got the crank, DM stringer and six ZS with Lummy's...already sighted in....so glad to help out.... :eusa-dance:

Thanks again Paul :wave: , stay well and I will be thinking of you at the shoot @ the end of August. :wave:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I hope everyone enjoys the shoot stay safe buddy ! Hoping to get to R100 in Saginaw in 2021 , with luck Covid will be over !
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Rinehart 100 was the best shoot I have ever done. Saginaw treated us like gold the year we went there. Ended up 4th in the Iron Buck out of 40 shooters. Left the wife and I at club for 2 extra days alone and told us to lock the indoor shooting range and gate and if we drank any beer or ate food just to leave the money on the counter when we leave. After five days at Saginaw we went off to Nascar race for another 9 days. That two weeks will always be remembered. Everything was planned before we headed out on vacation.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

That must be the year I met you there Wheelie ! It is an awesome event and there is a ton of prizes for those that attend
Last edited by Farmer on Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Yes Farmer. That was the year. :) Always planned to go back but weekends with Nascar never lined up again.
amythntr

Re: RINEHART R100 SHOOT 8/30 ROBBINSVILLE, T.P.R.N.J. FOLLOW-UP REPORT

Post by amythntr »

..... was able to corral 10 guys (family and friends- yes I do have friends).... to go to the R-100 shoot yesterday. Surprisingly we all showed up on time and entered the 50 target course by 8:00 am,

..... we had 2 recurve traditional shooters, 4 wheelies and 4 Excalibur shooters; Blackout 380, Nightmare 335 Gen 1 (Bada Bing 8) ,and 2-AXE 340’s,

.....the Excalibur contingent represented the only 4 crossbows in sight!,

..... we shot the 50 target North American first half (25 ) before breaking for a well deserved lunch and a chance to rib each other....

..... for an old man like me I should have stopped at 25...I very rarely shoot freehand but after 25 I had a few 12’s, a few 10’s, 2-5’s and the balance were 8’s.... no missed targets :eusa-naughty: and no lost arra’s,

......as I said I should have stopped at 25... we went to shoot the remaining 25 at the African Animal course and I started off right where I left off...

...... I then lost an arra on a chip shot at 20yds and had an arra explode shortly after the miss.... I called it quits as did a few others, as we were fatigued, hot and losing arrows....

.......I was pleasantly surprised to see how a friend shot who recently bought an AXE.... since less than 2 months ago he asked me what did I suggest in the way of XB,

......It was a great time shooting with my son Anthony, my brother-in-law, his future step son-in-law, 2 nephews, ThackMan (from forum), and other friends,

...... a great time was had by all. We have been told that there is a contract for the same shoot, same weekend at the same place for 2021.... we will be back....

......all but ThackMan Chris stayed around for the various prize giveaways...ThackMan Chris had to leave.... and gave me his raffle ticket to hold for him... and guess what?..... he won a $50 gift certificate from Lancaster Archery!

.....can’t wait for the 2021 shoot.... maybe we can corral a few more next year....

Kudos to Rinehart, Lancaster Archery, Vortex,and all other sponsors, including the United Bowhunters of NJ for making this fun day possible!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings