Sling

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Forkston

Sling

Post by Forkston »

Whats a good sling for carrying my crossbow in the woods, i'm not looking for a sling to carry it over my shoulder like a rifle but a sling i see people using with ar 15's in front of them
AJ01

Re: Sling

Post by AJ01 »

Well, I don't know about single points on a crossbow. Never thought about it. :think:

BUT...I DO have some of them. Back in my 'misspent youth" the group I worked with used what were at that time called "team slings". They were GREAT for securing your weapon when engaging in activities other than having "hands on" your weapon. But I digress!! :lol:
You can no longer find "team slings", but there is a company called West Lake that makes quick release single point slings. Like I said I have a couple of them.
They are well made, easy to use, can be had in a number of colors, and will fit a number of different weapons and activity levels. :thumbup:
I'm sure they would work well on a crossbow.

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Forkston wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:58 am
Whats a good sling for carrying my crossbow in the woods, i'm not looking for a sling to carry it over my shoulder like a rifle but a sling i see people using with ar 15's in front of them
I like and use these!! :thumbup:

Last edited by AJ01 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Normous

Post by Normous »

The rubberized non slip "CLAW" sling is my hands down favorite.
Good price point too.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

Normous wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:49 pm
Good price point too.i'm not looking for a traditional over the shoulder sling
Normous

Post by Normous »

Gotcha :oops:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I like the claw also but the sling looks interesting l would like to see it in action!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

ImageHope this video came thru for you!!

Why we use single point slings!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol:

Video won't play.... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I guess just Youtube the video. I did away with 2 point slings years ago.
Last edited by AJ01 on Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Normous wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:49 pm
Good price point too.
X2!!!

The claw is all I use on guns and bows!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

Once again not interested in rifle type slings,
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Forkston wrote:
The sling I posted is just like the one you ask about in your original post. :think: It is a single point used on MANY AR-15 style weapon. Also works great on crossbows so the bow simply lays on your chest, hands-free, until you need it!! :thumbup:
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:18 am
Forkston wrote:
The sling I posted is just like the one you ask about in your original post. :think: It is a single point used on MANY AR-15 style weapon. Also works great on crossbows so the bow simply lays on your chest, hands-free, until you need it!! :thumbup:
okay thanks
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:25 pm
Forkston wrote:

i like it ! were do you clip it on the bow ?
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:19 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:25 pm
Forkston wrote:

What I use is a regular detachable swivel (like you would use on a rifle stock) fastened to the rear portion of the bow's stock thru one of the holes already there. No need to drill anything. (I guess that depends on what model of Excalibur crossbow you have) Once the swivel is attached, simply clip the connection to the swivel and "Viola" :thumbup: !! You have a single point sling that allows you to carry your weapon/bow "muzzle down" in front of your chest, hands free, but that can be deployed in a moments notice.
This type of sling was brought to life by guys who carry a SBR for a "living". It gives great access to the weapon, while allowing the user to simply "drop" the weapon out of the way if both hands are needed. And since it is a single connect, it can be carried in a whole bunch of different position depending on what the operator needs, wants or likes. :wink:
I used slings like these back in the mid 80's until the late 90's almost on a daily basis. At that time they were marketed under the name "Team Sling".
They can be configured to fit almost any type of system. We used them on MP5SD3's, Colt shorty's and Benelli M1 Super 90's. They WORK!!! :clap:
And now days, they are cheap to own. I have several of them.

Just my humble opinion on the matter of slings. :lol:

AJ
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:39 am
otisbrazwell wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:19 pm
What I use is a regular detachable swivel (like you would use on a rifle stock) fastened to the rear portion of the bow's stock thru one of the holes already there. No need to drill anything. (I guess that depends on what model of Excalibur crossbow you have) Once the swivel is attached, simply clip the connection to the swivel and "Viola"

I hope this clarifies this for some folks. Anywhere you can attach a rifle swivel, you can attach one of these slings. :thumbup:

AJ :D