Scary hunting happenings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Scary hunting happenings

Post by longbow joe »

Talking about the ghosblind in the other thread reminded me of a story l told back about my young hunting buddy seeing a " ghost" in our hunting woods.
Lucky for me l never met the spirit but one of my favorite hunts was in 2004 .
I shot one of my biggest bucks ,a large 8 point with the longbow.
It was a 8 yard shot and l drilled him and he ran away at warp speed.
Looking for him was very dark and the blood was pretty good and l found him piled up about 75 yards out.
Upon blood trailing him in the dark l stepped on a full size naked childs baby doll.....along with the maa maa sound... sound l literally jumped out of my skin that time....its funny today but it wasn't then.
I hunt near a tidal river and I'm sure it just washed up in a flood but it was crazy for sure.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Prmtvbowman22

Re: Scary hunting happenings

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

While bowfishing one day I saw a naked woman submerged in the water. My heart skipped a beat but when I got closer I realized it was a blowup doll.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Prmtvbowman22 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:10 pm
While bowfishing one day I saw a naked woman submerged in the water. My heart skipped a beat but when I got closer I realized it was a blowup doll.
Did it still hold air when you got it home? :lol:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Can't say I've had experiences like that before. Put up lots of animals in the dark enough to kick-start the ticker. Scared myself enough times
I do have a condition that lets my one pupil allow 100% more light in than the other one which is standard. Effectively I have one pupil that's double the size, and there is a time just at dusk where it plays havoc on my vision as one eye can still use the low light but my shooting eye is in full darkness. It turns off depth perception for about 5 minutes and things you've been looking at all day turn into something totally different.

Walking out of the woods at the exact time very often creates some laughable scares. All self inflicted lol
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

janesy wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:26 pm
Prmtvbowman22 wrote:
:silent:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

About 40 yrs ago way up north moose hunting with some friends I had a cough I couldn’t get rid of, so that morning I told everyone to go hunt and I’ll stay at camp and clean up. An hour later I needed to get some water, brought a bucket to a nearby spring got off the path and under the bushes to get to the water when I got there I lifted by head from under the bushes and was nose to nose with a bear both of us were startled the bear ran one way and I the other. Boy talk about near crapping my shorts! From that day on I always brought my gun...
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Prmtvbowman22

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

Took a picture of it speared on my arrow but lost it when my phone died. Left it at the creek. Didn't want to make the wife jealous, huge chest.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Number of years ago about this time me and Dad were out scouting for up coming deer season . While back in the thick cedars we noticed something light coloured that did not belong .
This was during the time while the authorities were looking for a young girl whom had been abducted . The woman who did it had said she had brought the body up into our general area .
Anyways with jittery nerves we approached . Turned out it was a birthday balloon someone had lost .
About a week later they did find Victoria Stafford about 5-10 miles away . :(
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

janesy wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:26 pm
Prmtvbowman22 wrote:
For a little bit...
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Found an empty papoose hanging from a tree once on reserve land. Apparently they are hung in the woods to keep away the dead babies spirit away from the lodge. It looked pretty old. Gave me the willies. :shock:
Shakibods

Post by Shakibods »

Let me preface this by saying this happened one year before I joined my current hunting group but it comes up every year.

It was late in the evening (dark) at camp when one of the guys starts seeing a bunch of men in camo, including dogs in camo on the hill. This is a pretty remote area and he starts freaking out because he believes that they are a bunch of anti-hunters looking to screw things up. He gets the rest of camp up and they start yelling up the hill. It took them a few minutes to realize that it was just stars twinkling thru the trees. The guy who first saw the “men in camo” was tweeted on Sudafed and Vick’s Cold syrup.

He never will live it down😂😂😂
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I was in a club about twenty years ago and there was a story going around about a lost cemetery on the property. It was supposed to be a cemetery for share croppers around the turn of the century. Well a couple years go by and I had pretty much forgot about the story.
Just before bow season I had walked a creek back about a mile in the woods and found a beautiful live oak hill right in the bend of the creek with plenty of sign so I marked a tree and waited on opening morning.
Well opening day I’m in the tree an hour before light just enjoying the sounds of the woods waking up. As it starts getting lighter I’m trying to figure out what these slight depressions in the ground are and why there in rows of six wide and about the same deep, kind of weird I thought way back here in the woods...then it hit me :shock: :shock:
Yep...found it :problem: Needless to say I got the heck out of there!! I went back later with several club members and we found three grave markers, two made out of stone and one wood. The only date we could make out was I think 1903 but we couldn’t tell if it was a death date or born. You couldn’t really make out the graves on the ground, a lot of them had trees growing in them but you could sure tell twenty feet in the air!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I shot an 8 point behind an old cemetery. The deer ran into the cemetery, spun around and fell over. When I got to him, he fell on a tombstone that said Buck Wilson and the day he died was the same day as this, just 84 years earlier. When I was done with cutting up the deer I put the antlers back on Bucks tombstone....just in case.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

This is a really fun thread really like reading it. Thanks Longbow Joe for starting it :thumbup:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Wow that xb story is the best so far in my opinion lolol
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.