Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cat power

Re: MAG 340 RAID

Post by Cat power »

I
Forkston wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:34 pm
Why do a lot of people go out and spend a lot of money for a crossbow thats suppose to be the best on the market and then have to change scopes and triggers ect.whats wrong with a stock Excalibur crossbow and arrows are the scopes and triggers that junky that some people have to change them or is that some people are just anal and have money to blow
I think this was directed at me, the OP

I just sold a Ravin bow for more money than what the raid costs so I do have some extra funds for the new purchase. Could I save it? Sure, but I just want to do every upgrade I can the 1st time. I'm actually going to buy without the crank for now and see how it goes. The scope upgrade and trigger upgrade are more important to me. That's just me
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I look at it this way .
People regularly buy a truck . Swap out the tires , rims and radio . Nothing wrong with those parts but people want something personal .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:15 pm
Totally misread your post previously....that’s what happens when reading forum posts on one’s phone whilst on vacation...

Sorry to hear about your bud’s dad passing....I have stopped and prayed for him and his family... :eusa-pray:
That I understand! :lol:
Hope you and your bunch ENJOY your vacation! :eusa-dance:

And "Thanks"!! You're a GOOD man Anthony!! :thumbup:

Andy
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Doe Master wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:44 am
I look at it this way .
People regularly buy a truck . Swap out the tires , rims and radio . Nothing wrong with those parts but people want something personal .
Who doesn't do that???? :lol: :thumbup: :lol:
I simply just want my stuff to reflect who I am!! :mrgreen:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:32 pm
Prayers sent!
Thanks Dan!! :angel: :angel:
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

I just love getting people all pissed off
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

I'm sure everyone here knows a hell of a lot more than me about crossbows, are no doubt better educated and definitely are more wealthy than myself, here's my suggestion to the powers that be get Excalibur to offer some of their bows as bare bows, no triggers, no scope, no strings, no arrows/bolts, no quiver, etc. Think of the money one could save since your all going to replace them anyway, just an idea
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Wyvern basically does that
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

New 340 Raid and extras are ordered!!!
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Got my Raid this week. Fantastic service by Wyvern on the sale.

I absolutely love the looks and feel of the bow, but somewhat disappointed in the speed.

I was expecting around 340 FPS, but mine is shooting no faster than 312 FPS thru my chronograph with a 400 grain bolt.

any thoughts why it's shooting so low speed?
Normous

Post by Normous »

Cat power wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:49 pm

I absolutely love the looks and feel of the bow, but somewhat disappointed in the speed.

I was expecting around 340 FPS, but mine is shooting no faster than 312 FPS thru my chronograph with a 400 grain bolt.

Excalibur quotes speed based on a 350 gr arrow. Your noted speed with a heavier 400 gr arrow is correct.
Don't shoot the chronograph just yet. :)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

I will say this: it is a true 1 hole shooter at 20 yards off a gun rest.

I might change the trigger to the 2 stage
janesy

Post by janesy »

Cat power wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:49 pm

Altho speed loss isn't linear across the board. A 340 looses approximately 20fps by increasing arrow weight by 50grs. And the sound suppression on the limbs of the Raid decrease it by 10-12 fps.

So you are right on where you need to be. Lighten your arrow and remove the rubbers and you'll be right at 340. But it'll be shooting better now as it sits :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I'm getting 312-317fps out of my 340TD with my hunting arrows on my first day shooting it. I took off all of the suppressor toys and it will launch a 350gr arrow at 339fps. My hunting arrows shoot great with any broadhead and sink about 3-4" deeper in the target. I'll give up a little speed for the increased accuracy and penetration.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Vortex scope is currently backordered