MAG 340 RAID

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cat power

MAG 340 RAID

Post by Cat power »

I've made the decision to buy a 340 Raid this week. I like the "extras" that Wyverns gives you for this package, so I will purchase from them.

Other than extra bolts, case, cheek piece and the charger crank, is there anything else you would recommend to add on? I'd like to order everything at one time.

I'm excited to get it and practice before season. I sold a Ravin recently, I just couldn't be comfortable with that bow.
GrassyKnoll

Re: MAG 340 RAID

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Congrats on the new bow. You might want to consider an extra oem excalibur string as backup..

Good luck with your new setup. Nothing but possitivity on the Mag. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

brass inserts for the bolts (Dragon Claw) and ramcat 100's for broadheads should do the trick.

Is the stock trigger acceptable? or is their a replacement needed?
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Excalibur stringer aid, JBK string His custom arrows come with brass inserts so order broadheads in the 100gr..
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

When I ordered my Axes from Wyvern I got Dragon Claw arrows Slick Trick broadheads and had him add a stringer for each bow. I put an ACP trigger in one of them and it's nice but the stock trigger is very good too.
Good luck with your new bow.
Hatchet
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

I'm trying to get a Vortex scope instead of the stock scope. sent them an email
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

They have the vortex scope and trigger

Excited now
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Hatchet wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:42 am
When I ordered my Axes from Wyvern I got Dragon Claw arrows Slick Trick broadheads and had him add a stringer for each bow. I put an ACP trigger in one of them and it's nice but the stock trigger is very good too.
Good luck with your new bow.
Hatchet
This is the correct way to order a new crossbow!!! :clap: :lol: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....AJ01.....you probably have received your new spear thrower by now.... curious to hear your thoughts on how it is performing!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:05 am
....AJ01.....you probably have received your new spear thrower by now.... curious to hear your thoughts on how it is performing!
Anthony...I'm confused :crazy: ....Unlike you, I haven't given in (YET) :eusa-naughty: to the urge to buy a new bow(s). :wink: (I will confess, I have LOOKED at several here lately!!! :lol: :lol: !!) I was looking at an older one for a buddy of mine who ended up buying a new 340. I haven't heard from him, but he lost his dad yesterday (08/20/20), after a long battle with cancer. I'm sure the bow is the last thing on his mind right now. I talked to him briefly last night after his dad passed, but that object was never mentioned.

My bud's name is Robert Anderson. I hope you guys will keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Andy
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Prayers sent!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:38 pm
amythntr wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:05 am
Anthony...I'm confused :crazy: ....Unlike you, I haven't given in (YET) :eusa-naughty: to the urge to buy a new bow(s). :wink: (I will confess, I have LOOKED at several here lately!!! :lol: :lol: !!) I was looking at an older one for a buddy of mine who ended up buying a new 340. I haven't heard from him, but he lost his dad yesterday (08/20/20), after a long battle with cancer. I'm sure the bow is the last thing on his mind right now. I talked to him briefly last night after his dad passed, but that object was never mentioned.

My bud's name is Robert Anderson. I hope you guys will keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Andy
Totally misread your post previously....that’s what happens when reading forum posts on one’s phone whilst on vacation...

Sorry to hear about your bud’s dad passing....I have stopped and prayed for him and his family... :eusa-pray:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

Why do a lot of people go out and spend a lot of money for a crossbow thats suppose to be the best on the market and then have to change scopes and triggers ect.whats wrong with a stock Excalibur crossbow and arrows are the scopes and triggers that junky that some people have to change them or is that some people are just anal and have money to blow
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Forkston wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:34 pm
Why do a lot of people go out and spend a lot of money for a crossbow thats suppose to be the best on the market and then have to change scopes and triggers ect.whats wrong with a stock Excalibur crossbow and arrows are the scopes and triggers that junky that some people have to change them or is that some people are just anal and have money to blow
Nothing is wrong with what you get from excalibur out of the box for hunting. Some people don't hunt and shoot for fun or competition so a clean crisp trigger,custom arrows or a scope with features that you don't get in Excaliburs line up is what they want.
Maybe they just want to personalize their crossbow with other items like stock extenders. Larger stirrups,silencers,cheek pieces or whatever.
To many choices out there not to try different things such as broadheads,strings,or maybe a different camo design
That's my 3cents worth.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

onebigskittle wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:59 pm
Forkston wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:34 pm
Nothing is wrong with what you get from excalibur out of the box for hunting. Some people don't hunt and shoot for fun or competition so a clean crisp trigger,custom arrows or a scope with features that you don't get in Excaliburs line up is what they want.
Maybe they just want to personalize their crossbow with other items like stock extenders. Larger stirrups,silencers,cheek pieces or whatever.
To many choices out there not to try different things such as broadheads,strings,or maybe a different camo design
That's my 3cents worth.
..... well said Blayne!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings