New Blood

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

New Blood

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Well Louisana has come out with its new season dates and it looks like I'll be able to bring my grandson out for a youth hunt this year. The timing will be right since he will be off from school a few days at that time. His father hasn't taken him hunting yet so I'll get to break him in.He'll get the whole experience of setting up a tent in the woods, scouting, hunting squirrels and then deer. He's talked about hunting for awhile and has watched all kind of videos but we know that there is nothing better than going out there and doing it. As much as I love hunting, I'm really looking forward to spending some time in the woods with him. Wish I was nine years old again! So much to do in so little time but I wish It was October already. Might have to buy another Excalibur just for him!! :mrgreen:
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
longbow joe

Re: New Blood

Post by longbow joe »

I wish l was younger but l would rather grow up in a happier time when sex was dirty and the air was clean.
I would like to grow up in the early days of Howard hill or the early days fred bear . I caught the later years of the early archers in the late 70s great times when archery was less commercial. We learned from brothers, mentors,friends, dads ,magazines not youtube ...although l like YouTube.
Anyway congrats on your new hunting partner .l think there is still a future in the outdoors activity it's just a shame it's harder to gain access to hunt anymore you used to be able to literally hunt anywhere around here with a gun now its basically bow only ....dont like the trend. Im sure you will be a good mentor! And have fun also.
Last edited by longbow joe on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Enjoy the time with him, they grow up way too fast.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Have hunted some on the Corp of Engineers land around several of our area lakes. I have to draw a permit it to do so. This year ,because of the Covid, Youth do not have to go through the draw process. They are eligible to hunt without a permit. SIL texted earlier, wondering if I could possibly take grandson this year. Spent the morning getting a bow set up😁😁😁 Can’t wait!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....it’s plain and simple we have a responsibility to bring new blood into the fold....kudos to all who do whatever needs to be done to make that happen!!!!!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I couldn’t think of a better way to start the season :)
Good luck to y’all :thumbup:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I get it! I have a couple of grandkids that love to hunt and fish. Others, not too much!! :lol:

One of my granddaughters came by the house the other day. (She's awaiting her orders for Lackland AFB, San Antonio.) She came in and flopped down in my recliner with me like she used to do as a small child. She sat there a few minute without either one of us saying a word. Finally I hear, "I'm gonna miss you". :(
We have hunted opening day since she was 10. It'll be the first time in 8 years she won't be tagging along. For the last 4 years, she's been the first to tag a deer each season starter. Makes me sad to think about it, but I'm so proud of her and for her. I wish her GOD's protection as she starts her Air Force career.
And by the way.. I'll confess, I'm gonna miss her too!! :cry: :(

I challenge each and every one of you, take your kids, grandkids, someone's kid, hunting, fishing, camping. They are OUR future, so please let's not waste it. Be a mentor, a leader, a figure they can look up to, be an inspiration to our youth.

A wise man once said" Aspire to inspire before you expire"!!! Truer words have never been spoken. :mrgreen:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Good luck to her AJ my daughter Emily just went to work today as her first day on the job as an RN . .with all this virus crap going on ...you never stop worrying about em.
If I'm around you can take me hunting you can bring lots of snacks l love hunting if you need company lol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

longbow joe wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:25 pm
Good luck to her AJ my daughter Emily just went to work today as her first day on the job as an RN . .with all this virus crap going on ...you never stop worrying about em.
If I'm around you can take me hunting you can bring lots of snacks l love hunting if you need company lol.
LBJ...
You sound like one of my son-in-laws!! :lol: :lol:

My youngest daughter is a NP at Baylor Medical in Dallas. At one point she wouldn't come around her mother and I due to her fear of infecting us. But she has since gotten over that. Thank GOD!!! I wish you daughter, "Good Luck" in her career choice. It take a special person for that line of work. :angel: :angel: :clap:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I liked your post very much AJ.
MADE MY DAY :thumbup:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Normous wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:15 pm
I liked your post very much AJ.
MADE MY DAY :thumbup:
Thanks Norm....
Just the truth. I've got grandkids from 19-4. My oldest son doesn't have any, never been married. He's married to the Marine Corp. Got one daughter that doesn't have any either...yet!! :lol: But she's only been married a little over a year!! :wink:
I've got 2 granddaughters (19 and 18). The other 4 are boys. I've been REALLY BLESSED to have what I have. I know I don't deserve it, that's for sure.
My father-in-law who was like a second Dad to me passed away 2 years ago. Lost my Dad just before "Father's Day" a couple months back. I think about the hunting and fishing trips I had with them, and how all my bunch would tag along. No wonder they laughed as much as they did. :lol:
It's amazing how the older we get, they smarter they were!! :eusa-think: :lol:

I hope that each one of us is a joy to someone. :mrgreen:

AJ
Normous

Post by Normous »

Your blessed and sorry for your loss.
Thank you kindly!

I always say " I wished my intelligence increased at the same rate as my wisdom".
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... I agree with Normous, AJ01... your story was beautiful and touching....I am up camping in Maine with my family. Both of my boys; Anthony (34) and Christopher (29) are avid outdoorsmen... both hunt and fish.... both are out on Pemaquid Pond fishing every morning and evening....they, along with my daughter. Angelica (24) over the last 20 years grew up at this campground....

..... we are now starting with the next generation; my granddaughter Adriana (3)... she already loves camping.....

....we also have introduced other family members and friends to camping up here....each year our group increases...

....there is nothing like seeing the smiles on the youngens as they soak in all of the sights, smells and beauty of the outdoors!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:06 pm
.... I agree with Normous, AJ01... your story was beautiful and touching....I am up camping in Maine with my family. Both of my boys; Anthony (34) and Christopher (29) are avid outdoorsmen... both hunt and fish.... both are out on Pemaquid Pond fishing every morning and evening....they, along with my daughter. Angelica (24) over the last 20 years grew up at this campground....

..... we are now starting with the next generation; my granddaughter Adriana (3)... she already loves camping.....

....we also have introduced other family members and friends to camping up here....each year our group increases...

....there is nothing like seeing the smiles on the youngens as they soak in all of the sights, smells and beauty of the outdoors!
Anthony...Norm....

What can you say...the 1st time you see a kid's face light up in amazement and joy of the adventures the "Outside" world has to offer, it's like meth to an addict!! It should make you want to provide that for them time and time again!!! I hope for ALL of us we never loose sight of the fact that what WE do, is for THEM. :wink:

None of us will take one thing with us when we leave the ball of dirt we call Earth. Our kids and grandkids and even our great-grandkids will inherit what we leave in our travels. Lead by example. :thumbup:

Andy
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Normous wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:28 pm

I always say " I wished my intelligence increased at the same rate as my wisdom".
Norm....YOU are a Genius!! WE should ALL wish for that to happen!! :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the laugh!! :wink:

Andy