Two happy Brothers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Two happy Brothers

Post by W.Miguire »

Yesterday my friend came out to my place to do some shooting and to check over his bow and brought his two boys one 14 and the other 12. we got to shooting his 380 and was having a good time . I could see how much fun the boys where having so i went in the house and got a micro that i made up from odds and ends i picked up here and there it had a stricker stock that someone had cut a few inches off and and put a rubber but plate on it , any way it fit then just wright. it was one of my favorite bow it shoots like a dream . so I got to thinken about my friend did a few weeks ago .[you know who I mean] and of course they went home with a big smile on their face . I made them promise they would share it and they agreed. yes indeed they were to happy brothers. and one happy Grampa Willy :D :D :D
W.M.
longbow joe

Re: Two happy Brothers

Post by longbow joe »

Awww good for you! You mean Dan's kindness is contagious!
I didn't give a bow away but l fixed a senior's car today for free. ..its still a good feeling all you want is appreciation!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

:D :D :D
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

:thumbup:
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
grouse

Post by grouse »

Good for you! In circumstances like that, it feels really good to give. A friend told me that a 12 year old kid he took deer hunting with a rifle for the first time last year, is interested in crossbow hunting. I told him he could use my Axiom. If this works out, I'll have to buy whatever they call an Axe now for a spare bow. What a shame that would be.
axiom
350 SE
TCX

Post by TCX »

Awesome! :thumbup:
Matrix 310- XX75 18" 2215
Ibex SMF- XX75 20" 2216
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Very good of you Bill. Those boys will remember that for a long, long time! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:27 am
Very good of you Bill. Those boys will remember that for a long, long time! :thumbup:
Bill... I remember you helping me out one time :eusa-think: !! It's a dad-gummed shame this old world don't have MORE people like you in it!! We'd be a lot better off if it did!! :thumbup:
:clap: :eusa-dance: :eusa-clap:

Andy
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Bill sent me a horseshoe nail turkey call and told me how to use it. I called a Turkey in and Mrs. Hatchet shot it. It was her first kill. I called a couple more in over the season but didn't get a shot. One went straight up in the air like a bottle rocket before I could shoot. We had our best season ever and we won't ever forget it.
The people on this forum are some of the kindest most helpful people around.
Much respect,
Hatchet
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

:thumbup: those boys that you and Dan gave Excaliburs to will never forget you and not only have you helped young men become future hunters but you may have inspired them to want to help other future hunters as they grow older. My hat is off to both of you.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:24 am
Awww good for you! You mean Dan's kindness is contagious!
I didn't give a bow away but l fixed a senior's car today for free. ..its still a good feeling all you want is appreciation!
That's a damn good deed there Joe! I bet they greatly appreciate that. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I wish I could remember all the folks on this forum that helped me from time to time . from making strings to polishing triggers or just for moral . yes there is a great bunch on this forum :thumbup:
W.M.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Kids need to see generosity to learn compassion. You did good teaching them Bill! :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes