20 days before Wis bow deer season opens!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

20 days before Wis bow deer season opens!

Post by Riflemanz »

20 days and counting for deer season. I'm getting new Firestone AT2 tires on the truck on Monday.
I need to wash the hunting clothes and organize the truck and then I'll be ready to hunt!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
DuckHunt

Re: 20 days before Wis bow deer season opens!

Post by DuckHunt »

13 days for me until the doe only gun season opens in Northern Virginia. I've got 41 days to wait before bucks will be legal. I plan to deer hunt with archery gear only this fall. I'm looking forward to the challenge. The stands and trails got their final prep last weekend. Today I'm checking the zero on the bows and swapping points and nocks.

Now if we could only cool off by 10-20 degrees it will start to feel more like deer season. We had a 58 degree (F) morning last week that felt nice.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

SC bow season has been in for a week or so now... just too darn HOT!! About 20 years ago I would have been in the woods on opening day... I’m a little wiser now...lol
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Bow season kicks off October 3rd here in Texas. Ladder stands are hung, feeders and cameras up and running!! Now it's just a waiting game!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Let the count down begin :D :thumbup: :D
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....in The People’s Republic of New Jersey the early archery and mosquito swatting season opens up the Saturday after Labor Day!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

hey Anthony, is there a limit on skeeters? :lol: :lol: :lol: Oct 1st here in illinois for archery. can't wait.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

37 for me. If I had land to hunt in a reduction zone then it would be 22. Good luck you guys getting to the woods early!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hope y'all have great season ahead. Don't knowed ifen i will get to hunt this Fall. Just got our New Mexico P O Box. in Capitan. Have to go to DMV to get a D. Lic. to become a Res. Plenty of wide open land here, n i mean wide long shot open. Watching to local deer here seems that 50-80 yards is the common distance. They don't run trails, just meander all over the area as they move along feeding
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

vixenmaster wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:36 pm
Hope y'all have great season ahead. Don't knowed ifen i will get to hunt this Fall. Just got our New Mexico P O Box. in Capitan. Have to go to DMV to get a D. Lic. to become a Res. Plenty of wide open land here, n i mean wide long shot open. Watching to local deer here seems that 50-80 yards is the common distance. They don't run trails, just meander all over the area as they move along feeding
Mule deer are a different sort than whitetails. You spook a whitetail and he's off to the races. Spook a Muley and he'll bound off a few yards, stop and look back at what spooked him. :wtf: There's your shot! A ton of Muley's are taken every year with a bow.
If I can do it, anyone can!! :lol:

And you are correct, there is a ton of BLM (Bureau of Land Management, not the other), land open to public use, and you are just outside the Lincoln National Forest. Good Muley country. If I remember correctly that's around the 6000 foot elevation mark!!

Good luck with the Mule Deer!! And whatever you, don't forget your Elk tags!! Lincoln use to have a BUNCH of Elk!! :thumbup:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!