Another reason I love my Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Another reason I love my Excalibur

Post by XB I GO »

I inherited a crossbow with wheels. At first, it seems attractive. Lightweight, 385 fps, folding stock and nice scope. It has a good Trigger Tech in it. When you shoot targets the groups are great. Just don’t try to hunt with it.

My Mayrix 380 and Ibex will shoot the brand of fixed broad heads I like The same as field points. Not the wheelie bow!

No matter what fixed broadhead (I tried 5 different versions) it throws them wildly down and left and will not group. I have no idea why the Excalibur bows get it done without fuss but this one can’t. I’m going to give it to someone who likes expandable BHs. It does work with those.

Thank you Excalibur for trouble free no fuss crossbows!
Last edited by XB I GO on Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
XB I GO

Re: Another reason I love my Excalibur

Post by XB I GO »

XB I GO wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:56 am
I inherited a crossbow with wheels. At first, it seems attractive. Lightweight, 385 fps, folding stock and nice scope. It has a good Trigger Tech in it. When you shoot targets the groups are great. Just don’t try to hunt with it.

My Mayrix 380 and Ibex will shoot the brand of fixed broad heads I like The same as field points. Not the wheelie bow!

No matter what fixed broadhead (I tried 5 different versions) it throws them wildly down and left and will not group. I have no idea why the Excalibur bows get it done without fuss but this one can’t. I’m going to give it to someone who likes expandable BHs. It does work with those.

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I found that the faster the bow is the more radical the flight is when using larger heads, it seems like you’re verifying my findings as well. The simple, easy maintenance of the Excalibur crossbow is their strength in my opinion, you made the right choice!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Sounds like a cam timing issue XB.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I slow-mo'd a video of my cams firing. They seem to be in synch. Field points, expandable's and very small, light fixed BHs fly straight and consistent. This wheelie bow is going to get one hunt with one notch on it and then its outta here to be replaced by an AXE.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

XB I GO wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:00 am
I slow-mo'd a video of my cams firing. They seem to be in synch. Field points, expandable's and very small, light fixed BHs fly straight and consistent. This wheelie bow is going to get one hunt with one notch on it and then its outta here to be replaced by an AXE.
That my young friend is the best course of action!!! With all the moving parts on a "pulley bow" some of them just will NOT shoot certain types of broadheads. You may find a mechanical that will shoot out of it, but I doubt a fixed can be found.
I have a buddy who just bought a 340. He can't stop grinning!!! :D
Good luck during deer season. Remember bow season starts on October 3rd!!

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

👍 XB I Go, sounds like you already have it all figured out! Good luck.
Cibby

Post by Cibby »

XB I GO wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:56 am

My opinion is the same... My Griz shoots fixed Excal 150 grain broad heads or 125 grain Spitfires dead on with minor scope adjustments. My buddies Killer Instinct Ripper 415 shoots field points really well when he has it ..You see he had the serving come off first day he shot it. After that repair the limbs cracked the next time we were shooting . KI has great service I've read..yup they sure do the Ripper was sent back in June and we are approaching Sept.1st and he has no bow. The day his limbs cracked he was testing broadheads . Not any of the 4 different broadheads would fly with any consistency . But maybe that was due to the limbs being to fail. Mean while the slow poky Griz which I took a 160 class buck with 2 years ago and 4 bucks in 5 season underwent major work this summer....I changed the string ...myself in 5minutes or less.. At 66 speed does not impress me but accuracy does and a good hard hitting arrow broadhead combo...Good Luck this archery season !