Talked to my hunting buddy!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

Talked to my hunting buddy!

Post by Riflemanz »

I talked to my hunting buddy and he told that he woke up a few days ago with the chills. He thought he was getting the covid 19 virus.
He also had a rash on his thigh. He went to brush his teeth and he couldn't open his mouth. He thought it might be a stroke so off to the Dr. he went.
After all the tests came back, he has lyme disease with bells palsy causing his facial muscles not to work. He said he feels tired. He was up north cutting trees the weekend before and got bit by a deer tick and didn't know it. He said he sprayed down too. So, be careful in the woods and watch out for ticks!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
xcaliber

Re: Talked to my hunting buddy!

Post by xcaliber »

That sux! My buddies son has it too, and will be on medication the rest of his life, he's only 19. I hope he's still able & willing to hunt. Prayers for your buddy Steve.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Had experienced a case of Bels Palsy about 25 years ago. Wife thought I was having a stroke....the right side of my face started drooping.....eating was difficult. Luckily a had a good friend that was an RMT and so I had a number of head and neck massages and got lots of rest. Had to tape my eye shut to sleep at night but luckily made a full recovery. For many hears afterwards, when I got tired it still felt like that side of my face was drooping, even though it wasn't.
I wish him well and a speedy recovery.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

I kinda got a little saying .

When I'm up in the Northwoods, and especially while hunting.

I "THANK THE LORD" that ticks can't fly !!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Man I hate it when I hear anything about lyme disease, wish they find some way to wipe out ticks any kind of tick, period!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers