Arrow weight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ankh

Arrow weight

Post by Ankh »

Facebook page has made me paranoid about my arrow weight. Gen 1 micro 16.5 luminated quills with 150 grain head. Am I good or do I need heavier arrows. Bonus question, does anyone know where to find the weight of my current setup? Finally, thanks in advance for any expertise/advice.

P.S. Facebook is also making me paranoid about buying a jeep gladiator, but then tacoma forum same, then ford/checy/ram forums the same. Beginning to wonder if Facebook/forums is my problem (with the exception of this 1 of course). And I do mean that about this forum as I see fewer complaints and more solutions.
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
janesy

Re: Arrow weight

Post by janesy »

Don't listen to Karen from Facebook. There's a reason why they are on Facebook. They also had fish tacos for lunch, and are currently out for a jog.

Your arrow setup is perfect. With a Luminock your be sitting at 420Grn. Give or take a grain. It'll hit like a ton of bricks.
The Gen 1s are sweet, in fact I'm shooting my gen1 riser'd custom micro right now. Just keep your brace height up around 1/4 to 3/16" off the bumpers and you'll be fine.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

Fakebook should have a stake driven thru its heart and burned at the cross.
Normous

Post by Normous »

deadeer wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:38 pm
Fakebook should have a stake driven thru its heart and burned at the cross.
:thumbup: :clap:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family