Forkston

Re: Gotta Gripe!

Post by Forkston »

You sent that out on Tuesday August 25th, not the 31st
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You're right! :crazy: Now I'm really mad! :evil:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Two packages still in limbo, this is not something new with the USPS, so I’m not going to blame a particular person or party. I try to stay clear of that nonsense in public because I can get pretty loud when poked in the eye. This year has been really stressful in many ways, and I don’t even have kids in school, and economic times have been great for us, but I gotta say this, please vote for the things that you believe in, make sure you make an informed decision on that vote, and try to explain what you’re doing and why to anyone that you influence, this election is a pivotal moment for all of us!
Still waiting for information. :eusa-popcorn:
Prmtvbowman22

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

Several years ago I ordered a bow on line which they said would arrive in a week. After waiting over a month I canceled payment. The next day USPS delivered the package
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Yeah its sad that it takes 4 days and 4 stops ,just to get accross the state !
A 3 hr drive.
That's how these packages get lost !

Shipped to Madison to oak creek to Oshkosh to wausau to hopefully eagle river.

Sat a day and a half in oshcosh 11pm n the 3rd to 6pm on the 5th !!,??

:thumbdown:
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Let me add rhindelander to the list of stops . So being a holiday weekend. It'll be Tuesday.

Original date it 5th. Now estimated delivery the 10 th.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I used to have a map with the major distribution centers on it that explained exactly why a package goes from Philadelphia to LA before it lands in it destination in New York... But I can't find it. They all go through the major distribution centers and then on to the destination even if it's cheaper to fly it to the other side of the continent if that's where the bulk is.

Fact is, it's always been this way. Just up until the last half decade we had rudimentary tracking at best. Now that your phone goes ding every single time someone scans it at every single location even inside the same building, we get to see it first hand. And it's frustrating to know how many times it's handled or changes directions before it lands on your door step.

I know first hand if a package is mailed to me on the eastern seaboard and it departs Miami(2400km away), I'm seeing it soon. If it goes through Detroit(4.5 hours from my door) it's there for a week or more.
What drives me crazy is when I mail something from Florida... And it departs Detroit :crazy:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

My question is why is the postal service being allowed to charge people for guaranteed 2 day shipping and then taking over 2 weeks to deliver, sounds like a good class action lawsuit to me, where else can you sell someone something and not deliver. do what i did and it will get there just as quick or quicker send it standard delivery without tracking, i mailed the same item to him for less than$2 he paid over $8 he got my package in five days, tomorrow will be 2 weeks that he mailed his package and it still isn't here
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Joseph, if you don’t get it next week I’ll make you a couple Flemish Strings and UPS then to you. So mad about this!
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:38 pm
Joseph, if you don’t get it next week I’ll make you a couple Flemish Strings and UPS then to you. So mad about this!
It's suppose to be here today according to tracking, i think people should think long and hard about who they ship with, with the big election coming up with all the mail in ballots the USPS WOULD NOT BE FIRST MY CHOICE AT THIS TIME, FED X AND UPS CAN'T BE THAT MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE TO SHIP
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Forkston wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:42 am
xcaliber wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:38 pm
It's suppose to be here today according to tracking, i think people should think long and hard about who they ship with, with the big election coming up with all the mail in ballots the USPS WOULD NOT BE FIRST MY CHOICE AT THIS TIME, FED X AND UPS CAN'T BE THAT MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE TO SHIP
As someone who has at one time or another used DHL, UPS and FedEx to ship stuff Priority Overnight with guaranteed delivery BEFORE 10:30AM, let me assure you, all of the above have at one time or another "dropped the ball"!!
I sent a guy in Mesa, Arizona a VERY expensive pair of Ivory Blood Pythons. FedEx Lost them. How do you lose a shipment of LIVE animals? They did! Took them 4 days to find the package. Both animals were dead. That little adventure cost me about 2 grand!! :thumbdown:
UPS lost several packages in about a months time. Once again, I'm out the money, and the dead critters. I will NOT us USP for anything important. :eusa-snooty:
And I had to stop using DHL simply because they could NOT be trusted to deliver the package no matter what it was!! Even had customers call and ask, "Where is my package?" I would check with DHL and they would show it delivered!!! After a few phones calls, the package would finally be delivered. It would be a "mistake" that the driver had accidently marked it "as delivered"!! I won't use these guys EVER!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

All the carriers have their issues, period. You cannot handle the amount of packages they do and not have something slip thru their fingers every once in a while.
On typical "ground shipments" the USPS might be a tad cheaper.
If I have to ship something Overnight, I ship it FedEx.
As a guy who breeds exotic reptiles and ships them all over the Lower 48, FedEx rules, simply because the USPS does NOT ship snakes!! :lol: :lol:
The USPS does allow for the shipment of certain types of "LIVE ANIMALS", but they have to me a special citeria.

Just food for thought!! :lol:
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

After days of complaining to the USPS both packages have been miraculously located and will be delivered today! :lol: :lol: With the mail in voting plans, we'll have election results in June! :eusa-deadhorse:
RobD

Post by RobD »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:34 am
After days of complaining to the USPS both packages have been miraculously located and will be delivered today! :lol: :lol: With the mail in voting plans, we'll have election results in June! :eusa-deadhorse:
Notice how you left out the word "accurate" before "election results". That's why I'm voting in-person.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Same here! :clap:
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

RobD wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:40 am
xcaliber wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:34 am
Notice how you left out the word "accurate" before "election results". That's why I'm voting in-person.
Well said Rob.....Me too!!
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads