Big bull. 250k govenors tag

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

elkaholic

Big bull. 250k govenors tag

Post by elkaholic »

Sorry forgot how to upload pics.

Go to. arizona govenors tag 470 bull. Watch the video. Tell me what you think
Last edited by elkaholic on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJ01

Re: Big bull

Post by AJ01 »

Well....
Elkaholic...having chased bulls in Colorado, Montana, Wyoming and New Mexico I can honestly say I've never hunted like that!!
In my not-too-humble narrow-minded way of thinking, that ain't hunting!!! :eusa-naughty: :eusa-snooty:
I tried for years to draw a tag in Az, but was never able to, finally gave up and started going to Alaska!! :lol: :D
AZ used to be home to the #1 Bull on the B & C list. I haven't looked now in years. Also y'all have HUGE Black Bear!!!

I agree with one of the poster's comments on the video; "It all depends on how much money you can afford to spend. You offer up a "bounty" on a 400 plus class bull, and the so-called outfitter who can produce that animal, gets the cash". :thumbdown:
Is this what we have stooped to as hunters??? :think:
20 plus folks on a "big game" hunt? Camera crews?
So, Mr. Smith you want to kill a book Elk, that'll be $$$$$$$???? REALLY? Honestly? :eusa-doh:
You're NOT being fair to the animal, and you're lying to yourself. In my opinion, YOU did NOT hunt that animal. You simply killed it like some guy working at a slaughterhouse would kill a steer!!!! :eusa-liar:

Back before I got beat all to hell, me and a couple of buddies spent a month in the mountains of Montana chasing Bighorns. None of us managed to kill a single ram, but that's HUNTING!!!! We "rented" horses and packed into the back country. We "guided" ourselves. (We had hunted Elk in that region before), camped under the stars, fished, fed ourselves and truly made memories that will last 10 lifetimes.
You CANNOT buy that!! :mrgreen:

It WAS a GREAT Bull. But it saddens me as a "hunter" to see the way that magnificent creature was treated! No Respect. :eusa-snooty:

Just my not-too-humble opinion!! :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
LongCarbine

Re: Big bull. 250k govenors tag

Post by LongCarbine »

I thought it was awful ! 1000 yard shot , 20+ people standing around BEFORE the shooter can be taken to the animal. I hope no one mistakes that for hunting . That is just pure killing . It just sickens me.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
nchunter

Re: Big bull. 250k govenors tag

Post by nchunter »

If that’s what money does to a man, then I’m glad I don’t have any...