Arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jbc

Arrows

Post by jbc »

I have a Matrix 330 ,looking for the best arrows and weight with lighted flat nocks, hunting white tail. Missouri and Iowa. Thanks for all help.
xcaliber

Re: Arrows

Post by xcaliber »

Are you looking to buy them ready to go, or are you cutting, and building your own?
I would recommend 17” Black Eagle Zombie Slayers with 110 grain brass front inserts. Canes are on the way for me to evaluate, but I like Q2i Fusion 2.1” using the Bolt fletcher. If you contact Wyvern Creations, or South Side Archery you can order custom arrows. You can also buy 18” standard Black Eagles and use them.

Good luck!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
jbc

Post by jbc »

Looking for them already made up.Was looking at Deer Crossing arrows . Not sure what to look for. Thanks
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

jbc wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:58 am
Looking for them already made up.Was looking at Deer Crossing arrows . Not sure what to look for. Thanks
Contact Dave @ Wyvern's Creations!! :thumbup:
He can build you anything you want! And has years of experience doing it! Give him a shout and he'll get you fixed up.

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

When I got Axe #1 it came with 6 Dragon Claw arrows. Dave makes great arrows. On Friday I recieved 6 Zombie Slayer arrows he made and have to say they are also excellent.
Take care,
Hatchet
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....there are a bunch of "arra" builders....two that come to mind are Dave @ Wyverns for one (previously mentioned)....the other is Jerry @ South Shore Archery.....I have bought from both (although now I roll my own) and was well pleased!

.....you might find a delay in turn around time so close to the season....just sayin!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

jbc wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:20 am
I have a Matrix 330 ,looking for the best arrows and weight with lighted flat nocks, hunting white tail. Missouri and Iowa. Thanks for all help.
.....The 330 Matrix calls for an 18" arrow....the "best" arrow that most people shoot are the Black Eagle Archery Zombie Slayers .001. Most (I would imagine ) shoot Blazer vanes and 110g brass insert and a 100g field tip.

.....an arrow based upon the above would tip the scales at about 425-430 grains....

.....now with the above said, there are a WHOLE BUNCH of variations to the above, from different vanes, to a less still spined arrow, to .003, to a lighter or heavier insert and the same with the broadhead......

....." the best arrows" are really in the "eyes of the beholder!".......wishing you the best this year!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

This close to the season, I would buy a pack of Excalibur ProFlight arrows with luminocks installed, get some 125gr broadheads of your favorite flavour and go shoot a deer.

Excaliburs branded arrows are Black Eagle Executioners built to the same or higher standards as their factory fletched offerings. Unless you are rolling your own, want to buy custom arrows, or are looking for a specific setup(As mentioned by Anthony above), you can now use Excalibur branded arrows with very very good results.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I have used the Wyvern’s gold tip arrows for my Matrix 330 for a few seasons now. Killed several deer with em using a 100gr. Wac em 3 blade crossbow broadhead. These arrows will do what you want and shoot straight. :thumbup: Wyvern’s use to carry the wac em broadheads also.
jbc

Post by jbc »

Thanks very much for all the help. Good luck hunting and be safe.🙏