Range finder shot craps.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Owl Creek

Range finder shot craps.

Post by Owl Creek »

Getting ready for next weekend to find out my range finder is no good.

Cabelas and bass pro is out of the one i was going to order. The nikon aculon. And the amazon sites say one one get here in Time.

They are stressing me out.
I can judge pretty good out to 50 yars or so. But when your in a tree it looks diffrent
And my scope is a nikon so the tic marks are not 20 ,30,40.
I can feel the old Blood pressure going up.
I have to vent to you guys because the wife dont care....😂
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
longbow joe

Re: Range finder shot craps.

Post by longbow joe »

Mass shortages of just about everything because it's made in "CHINA ".
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I just got a Bushnell Prime 1300 for $135 brand new on Ebay and it was here in 3-days. I have the GForce 1300 and it has always worked pretty good but I had to get one for my Dad since I took his GForce. For the money I'd recommend the Prime. I looked at 10 or 12 different one's including Halo, Sig, Nikon and Simmons. The Prime blew them away. Nobody had a Leupold out of the box to look at but, but I'm happy with the Bushnell Prime.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I had the Bushnell 450, is was $99 when i bought it, used it 6 years, gave it to the Kid and bought another Bushnell, next model up. They just work, and are worth the money in my book. Take a couple markers with you. Clothes pins work great! Walk off 30 yards in three directions, and pin it. If you're off a couple yards on your shot, it won't matter if you're aiming into the middle of the lungs! :wink: You can do a quick reference check before you shoot, and 30 yards in the brush looks like a long distance from a stand!

Go get er done! :thumbup: Good luck, and stop stressing out Steve. :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Owl Creek wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:31 pm
Getting ready for next weekend to find out my range finder is no good.

Cabelas and bass pro is out of the one i was going to order. The nikon aculon. And the amazon sites say one one get here in Time.

They are stressing me out.
I can judge pretty good out to 50 yars or so. But when your in a tree it looks diffrent
And my scope is a nikon so the tic marks are not 20 ,30,40.
I can feel the old Blood pressure going up.
I have to vent to you guys because the wife dont care....😂
The Nikon bolt is perfect for the zero/hold over method. No ranging required :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Email me if this does not make sense. One day with a little time to kill recently I took the Crossbows to my B.I.Ls house to shoot. While rangfinding & setting my deer target out at various ranges to check Nikon Spot On to my bows. That program only works on what speed you put in, all the other info. doesn't mean diddly in their calcs. Anyway, it was very accurate, and I noticed the space the deer target took up in my view through the scope, and wrote it on this little sketch, then I modified it to add both bows since that doesn't change, just the yardage markers do. So, the closer the deer, the more of the scope it takes to cover the deer's size. I used the yardage markers to measure the deer knowing a mature deer measures 16" from chest to back, and my 3 D target does too. I know if I put the center line on the deer's back, and see where the chest lines up, I know if it's within 40 yards / 30 yards / or twenty yards. I put this picture on my screen on my phone so when I tap the screen, it comes up. I have stared it this so many times it like a bad tattoo! I can''t get it off my mind! :lol: :lol:

[url=https://postimg.cc/cKDBN4kY]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:21 pm
Email me if this does not make sense. One day with a little time to kill recently I took the Crossbows to my B.I.Ls house to shoot. While rangfinding & setting my deer target out at various ranges to check Nikon Spot On to my bows. That program only works on what speed you put in, all the other info. doesn't mean diddly in their calcs. Anyway, it was very accurate, and I noticed the space the deer target took up in my view through the scope, and wrote it on this little sketch, then I modified it to add both bows since that doesn't change, just the yardage markers do. So, the closer the deer, the more of the scope it takes to cover the deer's size. I used the yardage markers to measure the deer knowing a mature deer measures 16" from chest to back, and my 3 D target does too. I know if I put the center line on the deer's back, and see where the chest lines up, I know if it's within 40 yards / 30 yards / or twenty yards. I put this picture on my screen on my phone so when I tap the screen, it comes up. I have stared it this so many times it like a bad tattoo! I can''t get it off my mind! :lol: :lol:

[url=https://postimg.cc/cKDBN4kY]Image
That's a great idea Dan, get that tattoo'd on your forearm then you don't need to worry about forgetting it in the heat of the moment!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Is there an academy sports shop nearby, they should have a s instore pickup.
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

I appreciate all the replys.
I will look at the Bushnell line.

Thanks Dan! Yes I see what you did there.
Great ideal. I will do this tomorrow.

Nearest academy is close to 1 hour from me. We normally take the scenic route ip there but we can go through St. Louis if need be.

You would think it would not be that hard to get somthing orderd and have it in 4 days.

But Dans ideal will work pretty darn good and if i dont get one by then, i will be ok.

Thanks everyone.
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

Got some pre hunt work done with the 360. And ordered a range finder.

Trying to post a photo. Cant get it done tho.
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I've had this little jewel for a number of years. Still using the original battery! But I have a spare battery in my backpack....just in case "Murphy" shows his ugly face!!! :lol:

Every once in a while you can find these on eBay after hunting season is over. Most of the time they are pretty cheap. :wink:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

AJ01
I had a nikon, but its probably 18 years old.
I ordered a bushnell this time. Should be here tomorrow.
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Owl Creek wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:53 pm
AJ01
I had a nikon, but its probably 18 years old.
I ordered a bushnell this time. Should be here tomorrow.
Did ya get the new rangefinder in yet?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

All over eBay!

You could have it before next Saturday

Dicks (although I personally would never buy from them):

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/nikon-aculon-al11-rangefinder-15nknuclnl11xxxxxrng/15nknuclnl11xxxxxrng

Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nikon+aculon+rangefinder&_sop=12
Last edited by amythntr on Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I have a Nikon Monarch range finder. It's about 10yrs old working great.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline