Aftermarket Micro Strings?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Aftermarket Micro Strings?

Post by Boo »

If only you knew what is involved with the difficulties in seeing the defects that cause serving wear and how small of a defect is needed to wear a serving, you might not be so resolute.
The vast majority of people shoot a few shots a year so their servings last 5 yrs or more. It is at forums where we have arrow junkies collect that really notice serving wear.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

Boo wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:08 am
If only you knew what is involved with the difficulties in seeing the defects that cause serving wear and how small of a defect is needed to wear a serving, you might not be so resolute.
The vast majority of people shoot a few shots a year so their servings last 5 yrs or more. It is at forums where we have arrow junkies collect that really notice serving wear.
I know I'm a know nothing nobody but quality control has to be better I've worked in production and inspection, i know your an expert and I'm not so i won't argue with you but i wont except that the problem cant be fixed at the factory, it's 2020
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Remember the oil leaking Harley's under AMF? Fixed that thing aye! :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Forkston wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:28 am
Boo wrote:
I know I'm a know nothing nobody but quality control has to be better I've worked in production and inspection, i know your an expert and I'm not so i won't argue with you but i wont except that the problem cant be fixed at the factory, it's 2020
First of all, I am hardly an expert. However, I do understand how you feel and I've had lots of triggers that needed polishing and at the latches and at the sears. I was mildly frustrated just like you and I took matters in my own hands which is why I ended up doing triggers. After a while I realized that most people didn't want that done nor did they think it was needed. I certainly expected more and when I went at a couple of my trigger units and talked to Bill Troubridge about correcting it at a manufacturing level. I realized that it wasn't a simple request. Bill said if I could come up with a way that is feasible, he would do it. No matter what I tried and thought up, I couldn't come up with a process that worked and that didn't take forever for each trigger unit.
I'm going to bet that if you started a thread to ask how many people were satisfied with their triggers for hunting purposes, you'll find that the vast majority have not thought their triggers were worthy of sending in their triggers for warranty work. So at the end of the day it is evident that it is all about expectations. Again, I sympathize on how you feel but the real issue poundage. Many of the other manufacturers have the same issue. I suppose you could go back to what I've said in the past that manufacturers have surpassed the materials at hand, so when someone comes up with a serving that will put up with hundreds if not thousands of pounds per square inch pressure, you and I will be happy campers!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

Boo wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:31 am
Forkston wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:28 am
Boo wrote:
First of all, I am hardly an expert. However, I do understand how you feel and I've had lots of triggers that needed polishing and at the latches and at the sears. I was mildly frustrated just like you and I took matters in my own hands which is why I ended up doing triggers. After a while I realized that most people didn't want that done nor did they think it was needed. I certainly expected more and when I went at a couple of my trigger units and talked to Bill Troubridge about correcting it at a manufacturing level. I realized that it wasn't a simple request. Bill said if I could come up with a way that is feasible, he would do it. No matter what I tried and thought up, I couldn't come up with a process that worked and that didn't take forever for each trigger unit.
I'm going to bet that if you started a thread to ask how many people were satisfied with their triggers for hunting purposes, you'll find that the vast majority have not thought their triggers were worthy of sending in their triggers for warranty work. So at the end of the day it is evident that it is all about expectations. Again, I sympathize on how you feel but the real issue poundage. Many of the other manufacturers have the same issue. I suppose you could go back to what I've said in the past that manufacturers have surpassed the materials at hand, so when someone comes up with a serving that will put up with hundreds if not thousands of pounds per square inch pressure, you and I will be happy campers!
Anyone who claims to be an engineer in the year 2020 should be able to come up with a machine that would polish the latches quickly, Bill Troubridge in my opinion didn't want to invest the money to fix the problem just tell people don't shoot your bow more than a handful of times a year, just like remington with there trigger problem which cost a few people their lives because of a problem, which wasn't all that expensive to fix, bottom line no matter who the manufacturer is the bottom line is make them for the least amount of money you can and sell them for the most amount
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:47 am
Remember the oil leaking Harley's under AMF? Fixed that thing aye! :eusa-popcorn:
HEY!!!! I rode one of those Harley "Leaks-a-Lots" back then!!!! What a POS!!!! But I did buy an FXDL Low Rider later on!!!!
If my "Boss" would allow me to have another HD, I would, But she says I'm too old!!! :lol: Perhaps too mental too!!! :crazy: :wtf:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The Evolution was the best! :thumbup: :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!