crossbow scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: crossbow scopes

Post by amythntr »

Hey Jeff....looks just like my DS w the Luppy CB's scope.....I think, as I play around with a bunch of scopes, that the Luppy CB's and Hawke XB 30 are my 2 favorite scopes....

....Looks like Luppy also discontinued the Luppy Fire Dot that I own and was going to put on my Scorpyd.....I wonder why?
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:43 am
Hey Jeff....looks just like my DS w the Luppy CB's scope.....I think, as I play around with a bunch of scopes, that the Luppy CB's and Hawke XB 30 are my 2 favorite scopes....

....Looks like Luppy also discontinued the Luppy Fire Dot that I own and was going to put on my Scorpyd.....I wonder why?
Yes sir Leupold discontinued the Vx1 and vx2 as well as vxr.

The new freedom line replaced these. I have the freedom firedot on my savage 10ML ii and its excellent!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
grouse

Post by grouse »

retrieverman wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:50 pm
I’ve never used “crossbow” scopes on my crossbows. Regular rifle scopes have served me well. I’ve got an illuminated Zeiss Diavari on one and an illuminated Leupold VX3 on the other, and both have accounted for nice bucks in the last couple weeks. :thumbup:
This caused me to wonder if there is an advantage to using a rifle scope on a crossbow. A 2X7 rifle scope might eliminate the need to reach for your binoculars when looking at a deer that is 100 yards away. You could just crank the dial to 7 power and have a look. Not having the tiny crosshairs at various distances would not matter much to me. I would just sight in at 20 or 25 yards and maybe aim a little higher for a 35 yard shot. I don't like those miniature crosshairs much anyway
axiom
350 SE