Happy October

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Happy October

Post by xcaliber »

Our season starts 10-1. I might have to wait to 10-2, but I don't hunt on low percentage days, I'm limited physically, but mentally, nope! Anyway, hunt as often as God, and significant other allows! It's good for your health, and better for your soul. I think I have been closer to God while in the woods than I should being a Christian man. There are times in all of our lives that resonate in our minds while we sleep. I have been on many dream hunts, in my mind. Then I go into real hunts that I have had, and they too are like distant, but clear dreams too. Anyway, I'm able to hunt this year, with "supervision" as I call it. :lol: :lol: I don't know what I'll do when the Kid doesn't want to hunt with me anymore. I'm a liability to him, I know it to be so after an incident in the woods. This little @&(&er is my best buddy these days, and he treats me like I'm his dad. Anyway, I'm so glad to be able to get out that I would hunt with an old English Teacher if that's all i had. :lol: :lol:
I guess my point is this, have fun, go as often as possible, and teach someone, anyone. :thumbup:
[url=https://postimg.cc/VJPm3X03]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Re: Happy October

Post by janesy »

Nice arrows Dan, I'm going white on orange for my moose arrows as well.
Keep up the positive attitude Dan, it'll get you a long way yet.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

Happy October,
No deer this weekend but had a good time.

Got some things lined out.
Getting a spot narrowed down.
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Our season starts 10-3. We are very excited. We will be allowed to use crossbows in Archery season for the first time this year. We also all won doe permits in the lottery.
We will be hunting our apple orchard in a shack we built and buried in a brush pile. We are very optimistic.

Xcaliber it is great that you have a young feller to help ya.
Wishing everyone good luck, be safe and most importantly have some fun.
Hatchet
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Good luck dan you been thru a lot .You will be rewarded
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
grouse

Post by grouse »

Everybody get out there, be safe and come back and tell us the story of your hunt.
axiom
350 SE
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

One thing you don't lack is hunting spirit!!

Good Luck.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

grouse wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:38 am
Everybody get out there, be safe and come back and tell us the story of your hunt.
.....which includes the most important part and that is the making of irreplaceable memories with family and friends......

.....for me, there is nothing more enjoyable than going hunting with my oldest son Anthony.....I get to not only spend quality time with him but also PAY FOR everything related the day out! :? :eusa-doh: :thumbup:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:24 am
grouse wrote:
.....which includes the most important part and that is the making of irreplaceable memories with family and friends......

.....for me, there is nothing more enjoyable than going hunting with my oldest son Anthony.....I get to not only spend quality time with him but also PAY FOR everything related the day out! :? :eusa-doh: :thumbup:
Hey Wait!!!! That sounds like me going hunting with mine!!! :lol: :lol:
Anthony...can I come hunt with you too??? You can buy my stuff it it makes ya feel better!! :wink:

Seriously...if i may. Y'all be careful out there this season. Have fun, create lasting memories!! I look forward to pics and post as the season cranks up. Mine starts the 3rd of October. Got a couple of "Freezer Queens" looking for a 'date" to the dance. Should be a good season.
Y'all be Blessed!! :angel:
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:35 am
amythntr wrote:
grouse wrote:

Anthony...can I come hunt with you too??? You can buy my stuff it it makes ya feel better!! :wink:

Seriously...if i may. Y'all be careful out there this season. Have fun, create lasting memories!! I look forward to pics and post as the season cranks up. Mine starts the 3rd of October. Got a couple of "Freezer Queens" looking for a 'date" to the dance. Should be a good season.
AJ
Hey AJ, just to help you out I’d be willing to let you fly me out there, put me up, feed me and put me on some game if that would help raise you to Anthony’s level........,just sayin :think:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Owl Creek wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:41 pm
Happy October,
No deer this weekend but had a good time.

Got some things lined out.
Getting a spot narrowed down.
As long as you enjoyed your time with nature, it's all good! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Dan I'm glad you're getting to go out in a few days and try your luck at a big whitetail. I wish you the best my friend and good luck I hope you put a big one down.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Arrows look great! October is my favorite month to be in the woods! Rut will be firing up late in the month.
Good Luck to all of you!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
bbahunter

Post by bbahunter »

Dan, good luck to you and the kid, and stay safe :thumbup:

Oct. 5 is season opener for me, and i will be in my stand.

Good luck to all this season!
Suppressor 355
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Bcxbow wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:50 am
AJ01 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:35 am
amythntr wrote:

AJ
Hey AJ, just to help you out I’d be willing to let you fly me out there, put me up, feed me and put me on some game if that would help raise you to Anthony’s level........,just sayin :think:
Oh....I see how you Georgia Boys are!!! :lol: I was thinking that YOU might want to fly me out, and put on some of those nice Georgia Whitetails!!
Seriously tho...I think we might need to get a group of us knotheads together and all of us meet in a neutral state to do a little hunting together sometime. Had a good friend that he and I use to travel a bit. Then his health got the best of him.
Eventually it will get us all.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!