TACTACAM: THEN & NOW?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

TACTACAM: THEN & NOW?

Post by amythntr »

.....I know a while back; like 3-4 years ago there were some complaints with the Tactacam camera....

....they seem to have come a long way since then with their new 5 series and ultimate package that is pricey....

...their reviews seem to be pretty good.

...does anyone use this set up and what is your review?
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Re: TACTACAM: THEN & NOW?

Post by janesy »

Can't comment on the 5. I was too slow when they were flying over head, plus I had both hands full of free beer. ATA Tactacam knows how to keep people happy

But, I am charging my new to me 4.0 up right now for Thursday morning hunt. I have yet to use it in a hunting situation, but it's easy to use, takes pretty good footage and came with lots of different mount. I bought it from another Excal member here earlier this summer.

Only downside is that all of my playing around with it, it often has "noise" in the audio, I assume it's due to the microphone placement and me possibly covering it or whatever. But I'm so far from an audiophile I don't really know where to start to remove it or eliminate it in the first place
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

janesy wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:08 pm
Can't comment on the 5. I was too slow when they were flying over head, plus I had both hands full of free beer. ATA Tactacam knows how to keep people happy

But, I am charging my new to me 4.0 up right now for Thursday morning hunt. I have yet to use it in a hunting situation, but it's easy to use, takes pretty good footage and came with lots of different mount. I bought it from another Excal member here earlier this summer.

Only downside is that all of my playing around with it, it often has "noise" in the audio, I assume it's due to the microphone placement and me possibly covering it or whatever. But I'm so far from an audiophile I don't really know where to start to remove it or eliminate it in the first place
....thanks Chris....
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

Speaking of Tactacam, is anyone using the new Tactacam REVEAL CELL CAM?

I'm looking for feedback on this nicely priced and sized cell camera.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

Jansey I’m hoping the tactacam was working when I sold it to you... it seemed in proper working order

And I have a tactacam cell cam

It’s cheap

The monthly cell subscription it cheap

I have had a MoultrieMobile and a tactacam mobile

I have witnessed deer 20 yards in front of both cams and no sent pictures

But then again the MoultrieMobile will send about a 100 images of a empty field

Tactacam does not

But just tonight I had two does 20 yards In front of my tactacam mobile. No pictures sent

Cell tower about 1/2 mile as the crow flies

Full bars on my tactacam mobile and MoultrieMobile cam

That being said I prefer the tactacam mobile. Cheaper plan and almost no false triggers

But for sone reason I don’t get every deer that walks in front of the cam

But really with the non mobile cams I can’t critique or compare... maybe the same with the non mobile
janesy

Post by janesy »

drywallerdave1 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:12 pm
Jansey I’m hoping the tactacam was working when I sold it to you... it seemed in proper working order
Hey Dave, no it's all good. It works fine, I like it a lot. The first time I tried it the mount was over the microphone. I figured that out quick. Then I was replaying stuff and filming inside and I was picking up electrical noise from a laptop I think.
But my son recorded his Easter egg hunt in August (covid delayed) and it was outside fresh air and it recorded fine. Except it's like watching a roller coaster in fast forward. I don't know how little kids don't barf every time they run around

So it's just me and my lack of camera knowledge I need to spend more time with it.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

Thanks for the feedback Dave1.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.