Hunting clothes what is your go to?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Owl Creek

Hunting clothes what is your go to?

Post by Owl Creek »

Tierd of looking and feeling like randy off the Christmas story.

I ordered some expedition weight base layers in Marino wool and a sitka fanatic hoodie. Looking for a wool vest or sweater . Then i will need outerwear.
I want light easy to move in that i can wear through november in the mid west
( Missouri).

What do you guys use?
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
onebigskittle

Re: Hunting clothes what is your go to?

Post by onebigskittle »

Carhart and Wal-Mart stuff this year for me. I have lost so much weight none of my other stuff fits this year.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I love the old tree bark uninsulated coveralls.
Keep bugs n ticks out plus you can basically wear anything underneath sometimes l even wear shorts underneath. Or sweatpants .Got one more new one left.
Hard to find now.
I'm A big fan of mismatched camo. I look like poor boy not like the guy on the cabellas cover. unlike people mainly my girls.. l can shoot the animals if the make fun of my wardrobe .
I have insulated heavier coveralls that are waterproof for colder weather .l don't feel the need to buy the overpriced "sitka" kind of stuff for my 4 hour hunting.
Maby if l was in the Yukon or Montana but you can still get a decent insulated coverall for a hundred bucks that is more than adequate.
I think coveralls keep you warmer and also keep scent in better
Last edited by longbow joe on Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/3kVFshB4]Image
There it is my whole hunting wardrobe!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Normous

Post by Normous »

True Timber Camo Company caught my eye at the ATA and Vegas Shot Show this year and I stocked up on their STRATA Camo Jackets, Bibs, Pants, Gloves, Hoodies, Base Layers, Fleece Caps and the nicest find of all, their Strata Lightweight down Jackets and Vests with hoods. ( These pack down to the size of a water bottle and offer incredible warmth when needed in a small portable lightweight package).

I was able to outfit my wife and I both with the above mentioned True Timber items for less than a SITKA jacket and pant set alone.

TT offered good quality at an affordable price and the STRATA camo is just perfect for the environments we hunt in.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Mostly Realtree from Wally World... but I do love me some old school brown or Treebark camo,,, I look for that on eBay.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

I dont like coveralls, they do trap all the heat. But When i get them to fit in the shoulders the crotch hangs to low and they are bulky.
Bibs i like.

I aways found it hard to stay warm on stand. But 15 or so years ago . I splurged on some basspro polar tec longjohns.
150 bucks, the wife was pissed. But that was the best money i ever spent. I still have them. I could not beleave somthing so thin and light could keep you so warm.
Thats when i decided i was not going to suffer no more.

Growing up we had love but not money . It was tennis shoes 2 pair of socks and bread sacks on your feet. And you froze
I didn't even know they made nice warm non bulky muck boots till i was almost 40.

Now im older, kids are grown. Time to buy myself somthing nice again. The advancement in technology has come a long way. You can stay super warm with no bulk.

If i spend a few hundred bucks once or twice over a couple years to make a system and i am warm and comfortable setting up in a tree.
Enjoying life and Gods blessings. I am ok with that.

I will look at tru timber stuff.
Thanks guys.
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

janesy

Post by janesy »

I have some OLD redhead gear in Max1 that I love and wear all the time. Unfortunately Cabela's nor basspro offer anything close to the colour.
I bought it out off Basspro USA years ago as it was offered as a heavy layer, but it makes perfect spring early season up here.

As Norm mentioned, and I fully agree, TrueTimber products are very well priced and they offer product quality on riveles by products 4 times the price.

If you really want to get serious, SportChief is the real deal made for serious weather. But they suffer from a serious lack of advertising and market share.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Owl Creek wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:56 am
I dont like coveralls, they do trap all the heat. But When i get them to fit in the shoulders the crotch hangs to low and they are bulky.
Bibs i like.

I aways found it hard to stay warm on stand. But 15 or so years ago . I splurged on some basspro polar tec longjohns.
150 bucks, the wife was pissed. But that was the best money i ever spent. I still have them. I could not beleave somthing so thin and light could keep you so warm.
Thats when i decided i was not going to suffer no more.

Growing up we had love but not money . It was tennis shoes 2 pair of socks and bread sacks on your feet. And you froze
I didn't even know they made nice warm non bulky muck boots till i was almost 40.

Now im older, kids are grown. Time to buy myself somthing nice again. The advancement in technology has come a long way. You can stay super warm with no bulk.

If i spend a few hundred bucks once or twice over a couple years to make a system and i am warm and comfortable setting up in a tree.
Enjoying life and Gods blessings. I am ok with that.

I will look at tru timber stuff.
Thanks guys.
True timber stuff is awesome. But their sizes can be wonky, best to try them on or ensure you can exchange. I just ordered a base layer set from Cabela's. L for top and bottom. Bottems fit like M and top fits like XL.
But the stuff is $21 each piece. That's very reasonable.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

I agree if you do your resurch you can find deals . I know that some of the hype is marketing. Thats why i have not went full tilt on one system from one place.
And Thats why i brought it up.
I have not heard of true timber before.
This is how the brotherhood works. We help each other out.

I am looking them up today.
Is sport chief the brand or a model in the true timber line?

Thanks
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

janesy

Post by janesy »

Owl Creek wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:29 am
I agree if you do your resurch you can find deals . I know that some of the hype is marketing. Thats why i have not went full tilt on one system from one place.
And Thats why i brought it up.
I have not heard of true timber before.
This is how the brotherhood works. We help each other out.

I am looking them up today.
Is sport chief the brand or a model in the true timber line?

Thanks
SportChief is a Canadian brand made in Quebec, one day when I have money to spare I'll buy the entire "Voltage" line up. IMO, simply the best cold weather gear available. Not cheap stuff, but you don't pay for fancy lime green zippers and worldwide marketing budgets. Not related to TrueTimber.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I'm waiting for the "PINK" line to come out its probably gonna be skimpy and kinda cold .
Gonna have it written on my butt
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

longbow joe wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:59 am
I'm waiting for the "PINK" line to come out its probably gonna be skimpy and kinda cold .
Gonna have it written on my butt
:lol:
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Game Hide, great stuff in my book, especially the Tundra insulated pants & parka. Don't hesitate about the Shape Shift pattern, it works great in the field.

https://gamehide.com/product/tundra-jacket/?attribute_pa_color=mossy-oak-bottomland&attribute_pa_size=medium
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Cold weather, I use a base layer of Expedition weight thermals provided by my "Uncle Sam"!! :D Then cover that with Realtree Bib Overalls. Pullover Carharrt longsleeve followed by a Remington coat with hood. Wool socks with liners and Danner insulated boots!! And a DU hand warmer!! That handles it on cold days.
On normal days, camo is mismatched from anywhere to whatever!! It's camo!!!! :lol: :eusa-doh: :lol: I've never had a game animal run out of the woods and yell at me...."HEY!!!! Your CAMO don't match!!!!" :wtf: :lol: :eusa-snooty: :shock: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!