Bulldog 440 Limbs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CT.HNTR

Bulldog 440 Limbs

Post by CT.HNTR »

Has anybody had any issues regarding the durability of the Bulldog 440 limbs? I have had two limbs split on me over the last 4 weeks and am looking for advise as to how I can prevent this from happening?

I keep the brace height at 1.750 with the string .250 off the bumpers and never dry fire the bow. I am shooting 390 to 430 grain bolts including broadhead. I had a limb split on me today while sitting in my tree stand with the bow hanging by the stirrup above my right shoulder. The bow is only four weeks old and the limbs only had six shots on them as that's all it took to sight it in. One of the limbs just split while the bow was just hanging and ended my hunt.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
amythntr

Re: Bulldog 440 Limbs

Post by amythntr »

Can’t tell you anything about the 440 but I can tell you that the A420TD is a great bow but you could see the energy that is stored in those limbs when it is cocked... it’s almost insane...if I wasn’t looking to sell it since it was an impulse purchase I would change to the acp trigger and polish the forks as it enjoys the tasty delicacy known as servings.. I have not had any issues with limbs... what has Excalibur said about your multiple limb failures... the answer shouldn’t be just sending you replacement limbs each time

..... I can now tell you that beginning today I have 2 bows in the woods with me.... today it is 2 axes!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

Excalibur replaced the first set of limbs super fast for me so I hope they can do the same this second time around. The issue now is that my confidence in my equipment is shaken and it's challenging to hunt with that frame of mind.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Understood.... but did they say anything specific about the breakage?
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

CT.HNTR wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:00 pm
Excalibur replaced the first set of limbs super fast for me so I hope they can do the same this second time around. The issue now is that my confidence in my equipment is shaken and it's challenging to hunt with that frame of mind.
How is your limb fitment into the pockets? Do they lay down in the bottom without needing any bolting down pressure to get them all the way down? How about the fit of the round spacers?
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360