new 125 grain Spitfires

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

new 125 grain Spitfires

Post by hunter with MS »

Should have taken Longbow Joe's warning about the spitfires being made off shore they are JUNK . Bought some to use Blades a very dull would not cut paper among other things so they go to the junk pile and lessons learned .To bad they went to the cheap side . I did write the company no reply .
longbow joe

Re: new 125 grain Spitfires

Post by longbow joe »

Some of the others speak so highly of the swat heads but out off 3 heads in a pack only 1 was actually sharp.
I dont believe the initial point blades are sopposed to be really sharp maby because of getting the band on but they are not remotely sharp.
Out of 4 packs the sharpest main blade is as sharp as a dollar store paring knife.
Well see how they do on game gonna give them an honest try.
I really like the sturdy band and mechanical idea of the head and they fly well.
Sometimes l wonder why l waste my money trying new things the xact really is the most sturdy and sharpest one l ever used to date even better then the old usa spitfires in my opinion.
And dollar for dollar the cabellas lazer strike 2 is right there with the xact.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Lonbow Joe, the 100 packs of the SWAT X MAG CP all have new sharp blades. SWAT got on their blade guy to improve sharpness.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:22 pm
Some of the others speak so highly of the swat heads but out off 3 heads in a pack only 1 was actually sharp.
I dont believe the initial point blades are sopposed to be really sharp maby because of getting the band on but they are not remotely sharp.
Out of 4 packs the sharpest main blade is as sharp as a dollar store paring knife.
I really like the sturdy band and mechanical idea of the head and they fly well.
Sometimes l wonder why l waste my money trying new things the xact really is the most sturdy and sharpest one l ever used to date even better then the old usa spitfires in my opinion.
With a well placed arrow you will be impressed with the blood trail and short recovery. Every dear and bear i shot with the swat xmag expires quickly with amazing blood trails!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
grouse

Post by grouse »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:22 pm
This is the first year I've ever used mechanicals and I chose X-Acts because I remembered you saying they were really good. I've killed two deer with them this year already and they have not disappointed. Both deer were on the ground in a few seconds. I didn't look for a blood trail on the first deer because I saw it drop and just walked to it. The second deer dropped in sight also, but I checked to see what kind of blood trail there was and it was excellent. The blades seemed to be very sharp and the heads opened properly and left quickly fatal wounds.

Thanks for the recommendation!
axiom
350 SE
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

The problem is the x act or Innerlok exp only comes in 100 grain I am looking for 125 grain . Which there is not many expandable boadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

MS why not try the cabellas lazer strike 2 .it comes in 125 grain and made by nap.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I will have to look into them Thanks. It is either them or Muzzy trocar hybrid Hbx in 125 or stay with fix blade . Go with ramcat as I may be going red stag hunting .
Normous

Post by Normous »

hunter with MS wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:46 pm
I will have to look into them Thanks. It is either them or Muzzy trocar hybrid Hbx in 125 or stay with fix blade . Go with ramcat as I may be going red stag hunting .
RED STAG , are you kidding me??? I have an invite next summer to New Zealand's South Island to hunt Tahr and Red Stag, When are you going?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

It is on a preserve in Maine . Not an easy hunt you still have to work . I boar hunted with them . With my cancer treatments which I have to have every two weeks for at least two years along with my ms keeps me close to home I only hunt with crossbow now days .