Did some more experimenting with the Truglo Tianium X

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Did some more experimenting with the Truglo Tianium X

Post by Hester0305 »

I did a little more experimenting with the Truglo Titanium X Broadheads again on Tuesday, I had ordered some 2 blade replacement blades by mistake instead of the 4 blades so I decided to try them out instead of sending them back. So I took the 1 3/4 rear blades out and replaced them with the 2 3/16 blades that come with the 2 blades and shot them at 20 and 30 yards and they hit the same POI as the originals so it looks like I'll be switching some of them out and do some more testing with them at least out to 40 yards and see how they perform. I shot the broadhead several times in my broadhead target and I got full expansion of the rear blades on impact every time. It looksl like the 2 3/16 blades are a little wider than the 1 3/4 rear blades but not by much. I know the broadheads are fine the way they are but a little more cutting surface doesn't hurt if everything flies and works the same.

I've already been experimenting with changing out the original front blades and replacing them with 1 3/4 rear blades so you have 4 blades cutting at 1 3/4 both ways and that has worked out great we have 5 deer kills with the heads this way already. One thing you may have to worry about is making sure the blades are shut when you take the arrow out of the quiver because you can accidentally bump them open.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Hester0305

Re: Did some more experimenting with the Truglo Tianium X

Post by Hester0305 »

I finally was able to take the Truglo Titanium X broadheads out and do a little testing with the bigger 2 3/16 rear blades
yesterday afternoon at 40 yards. I am still impressed with these broadheads because they still shoot great even with the bigger blades out to 40 yards. The 1st 2 shots were just to the right of my dots on my Rhinehart broadhead target about an 1 1/2 and with a little adjustment of my scope the rest of my shots at 40 yards were in the 1 1/2 dot. I'm going to keep the bigger rear blades in my broadheads and hopefully I'll get to try them out on one more deer before gun season kicks in.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads