Swat A4 impressions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: Swat A4 impressions

Post by longbow joe »

Only 1 question.....are the blades sharp?
What impressed me was that these things poke a hole bigger than my rothaar snuffers l used to use and got one more blade than the xact to boot.
The accuracy is right there with my field points
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Joe, my 2020 SWAT heads are sharp. SWAT had numerous communications with the blade maker.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

I happy to hear all the good feedback on the swat a4. I have two packs of them. Now I just need to shoot one of those does or small bucks I keep seeing. But I’m always just waiting for the big one to finally show Himself.

And my a4s shoot the same as my field points also.

Looks like a great broadhead!!! Hopefully soon I will be able to stick a deer with one!!!

Good luck everyone!!!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The Mini version did a job on this doe I shot, I can imagine the same results. I did lose the head, it was stuck in her opposite shoulder too deep to remove in the field. I'm going to try the Hybrid heads with my Axe soon. Gotta get a buck though, or run low on time before gun season. :thumbup: Good Luck Dave, hope you shoot a wall hanger!
[url=https://postimg.cc/0z66jbLC]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Big John

Post by Big John »

I am using Swat heads now as well.
I love the very small almost field point diameter which
is exactly what I was looking for when shooting high speed bows. But when I put one thru a Big Bear this fall
It really impressed me with the blood bath trail and 20 yd recovery. Not to mention the arrow passed thru both lungs, a rib, and went 6"in. in the ground. Pulled it out an
cleaned it off and found a perfect arrow and broadhead
ready to use again!!!😁
Gotta love them.

Thanks Norm

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I ordered the Hybrid heads, and some more A4-Mini with the Chisel Point. I'm impressed with both. First off, both very sharp blades. The Hybrid is the smallest mechanical head I have ever seen. Open position is pretty tight as well. 4 Blade / 1.18" x 2 which is nice. Solid ferell that is hardened, what? And it measures .37" in diameter without the closed blades. What I learned is that Hybrid is designed to shoot as a fixed with the option to use as a mechanical. In this configuration you can expect an entry hole of around 1" and an exit wound at two times 1.18". There is no doubt these will fly like field points as claimed, but I will shoot one soon. The other heads I currently use with the cut on contact point have been redesigned with a chisel point instead. I don't know why I like this point better, the other one did fine for me in the field. The blades here again are very sharp, and I'm planning to use those on my next kill.

[url=https://postimg.cc/MnSGQbJ0]Image
[url=https://postimg.cc/sM4g9Q3k]Image
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I feel that the 1inch cut is just not enough for the jungle that l hunt ..same reason l ditched the boltcutter but the A4 with the chisel point is gonna be my next purchase.
I agree dan there is definitely something special about the A4 l have killed 4 doe now and none went more than 30 yards that's pretty special!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Normous

Post by Normous »

My wife arrowed a coyote first thing this morning at 3 y from the ground.

She later found her 2020 X MAG CP burried up to the carbon shaft in a hard maple tree 15 y beyond.

This is the condition she found the SWAT after digging it out with her knife , not one blade bent or broke

My 3 yr old insert glue didn't fare as well.

Matrix 355
Boo Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Nice norm.but now l would love to see a coyote picture if you can please ,l have killed many with the gun but archery is a quest.
Normous

Post by Normous »

^ It was raining and no blood trail to follow as it went into the thick and very thorny underbrush nearby -- Very dead for sure!
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Looks like it will still work just fine! :thumbup: I shot the Hybrids at 20 yards today, they fly great in either position, but opening into the 18-1 target was not what I wanted to see. They did open, but under the surface a bit. I'm sure on a pass through shot they would be great, but if they buried into the opposite shoulder, and opened under the skin, the blood trail might be sketchy. Under the advice of someone I trust very much I have decided these are going to be used in the fixed position, which is just fine for me. The chisel point A4-Mini worked just as expected, and will be my heads of choice going forward. I have enough for a few years now. :lol: :lol:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yea ,yea yea dan lol. I have enough xacts to kill a dozen more deer and lazer strike 2s ....2 dozen of them now the change to the swat. Ooh let's not forget my 2 year ago favorite the super freak extreme.....this hobby never ends. It's like a never ending purchase just like my wifes nick nacks n shoes.
At least broadheads are important.my stuffs actually usefull.