Micro 335 and ADF

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

Micro 335 and ADF

Post by rattlerun »

Friend of mine was shooting his Micro 335 yesterday, when he shot, all heck broke loose. A small wire was sticking out of barrel channel and his arrow went into orbit. I assumed that he didn’t put his arrow all the way in.(partial dry fire). We took the ADF off and discovered that entire lever of the ADF was missing. (the part that grabs the string ). Obviously the lever did not stop the string. Wondering 2 things. What happened and is it safe to just shoot as is, basically like it didn’t have an ADF? Do have to file 2 spots on barrel to smooth it out or string is going to grab. Thanks
bigbowman

Re: Micro 335 and ADF

Post by bigbowman »

I did a partial dry fire on my bow once and the ADF on the Guardian Mount broke from the force of the partial dry fire. The whole mount needed to be replaced. It did however save the limbs from splitting or breaking! Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
rattlerun

Post by rattlerun »

He plans on replacing it but not till after the season. He doesn’t want to start over sighting in at this time. He’s going to Kansas in about 2 weeks. Do you think it safe until then?
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I won't use my Micro without it! I don't trust myself anymore! Lol it shouldn't be that far off in sighting just by changing the mount. It's worth it to me. Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds to me like he should have someone that truly understands the workings of his bow look it over. I would not hunt with anything that MIGHT be compromised. JMHO!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

First and foremost my best advice would be not to shoot it, and send it for a check up. After a hit like that The bow needs a complete tear down and inspection
if this seems like a lot of work, then he shouldn't shoot it and send it in.

However, if he is remotely competent and has good tools, he could easily tear the bow down completely. Remove the damages components, inspect the limb and string. Reassemble and be(assuming no hidden damage is found) fine.

I will caution that he looks at the trigger area, and inspects all fasteners top and bottom. To ensure that all the mounting hardware is fine.

But again, if a complete tear down seems like a lot to him, or in any way confusing... then he needs to leave it alone. It's only his face that will pay the price :wink:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Such an incident could cause your scope to be off anyway from the force and impact. The mount could be bent.
You can get a new adf form amazon in a day so not much down time for him.thats the correct route to take.
My micro has been shot for years without an adf ,frankly l hate the things but l cannot recommend taking it off of a micro they have a lot more force than the old bows.
I have a shooting regiment where the Last thing I do when shouldering my crossbow is look at the bolt to see if it's there but that's just me l can see someone shooting without a bolt also and have bad things happen.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 pm
First and foremost my best advice would be not to shoot it, and send it for a check up. After a hit like that The bow needs a complete tear down and inspection
if this seems like a lot of work, then he shouldn't shoot it and send it in.

However, if he is remotely competent and has good tools, he could easily tear the bow down completely. Remove the damages components, inspect the limb and string. Reassemble and be(assuming no hidden damage is found) fine.

I will caution that he looks at the trigger area, and inspects all fasteners top and bottom. To ensure that all the mounting hardware is fine.

But again, if a complete tear down seems like a lot to him, or in any way confusing... then he needs to leave it alone. It's only his face that will pay the price :wink:
This is the best advice you'll get. :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Come to think of it
When. My 330 string broke the limit straps were bent.
It sounds like the adf had to slow it down a little at least.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Another improvement opportunity for Excalibur would be a better ADF system. If an arrow is not loaded the trigger shouldn't trip just like most crossbows...

The string catch lever is ok but when its hit by the string the scope zero moves...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.